* org-agenda.el acquired a dependency on org-clock.el
@ 2011-08-17 20:17 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-08-17 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: nicholas.dokos

Commit 8c3ecbe3 introduced a new dependency

 org-agenda.el --> org-clock.el

by moving the org-hh:mm-string-to-minutes etc. functions into org-clock.el.
Presumably, org-agenda.el now needs a

 (require 'org-clock)

Nick

* Re: org-agenda.el acquired a dependency on org-clock.el
@ 2011-08-17 20:34 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-08-17 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Commit 8c3ecbe3 introduced a new dependency
>
>  org-agenda.el --> org-clock.el
>
> by moving the org-hh:mm-string-to-minutes etc. functions into org-clock.el.
> Presumably, org-agenda.el now needs a
>
>  (require 'org-clock)

... except that that creates a circular dependency - sigh. I added a

(require 'org-clock)

in my init file to resolve the dependency, but that feels wrong.

@ 2011-08-18 17:40   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-08-18 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
> (require 'org-clock)
>
> in my init file to resolve the dependency, but that feels wrong.

It probably is... the three functions should get an autoload cookie, I
suppose.  Their declaration then deals with the compilation and the
autoload in org-install keeps things happy at runtime.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: org-agenda.el acquired a dependency on org-clock.el
@ 2011-08-19 22:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-19 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Commit 8c3ecbe3 introduced a new dependency
>
>  org-agenda.el --> org-clock.el
>
> by moving the org-hh:mm-string-to-minutes etc. functions into org-clock.el.
> Presumably, org-agenda.el now needs a

I reverted this change, so you should not have this error anymore.

HTH,

--
 Bastien