* Installation question
@ 2012-09-03  8:00 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-09-03  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha list,

I'm having a difficult time installing org after upgrading to emacs 24.1
:(

If I make compile, then my initialization stops with an error because a
macro in org-compat.el can't be found.  If I make uncompiled, then
initialization appears to work correctly.

I'm working on a Mac and run emacs 24.1 from Emacs.app.  There is also an
emacs 22.1 in /usr/local/bin/.  I have an alias in .bashrc that
associates emacs with the emacs 24.1 from Emacs.app.  This works in my
regular bash shell.

However, make compile finds emacs 22.1, instead of emacs 24.1.  Could
this be the source of my difficulties?

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813