* [ANN] Smart quotes in org-export.el
@ 2012-10-27  9:54 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-27  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello,

I've installed a smart quotes module in org-export.el (new exporter). It
is off by default. You can turn it on globally with
`org-export-with-smart-quotes' variable, or locally with:

For now it includes quotes for de, en, es and fr languages only. If you
want to help completing it, you can improve
`org-export-smart-quotes-alist' defconst.

Also, it isn't perfect (which smart quote module is?) so, in the long
run, it may be required to tweak `org-export-smart-quotes-regexps'
defconst.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] Smart quotes in org-export.el
@ 2012-10-27 10:20 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-10-27 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

I like this option, the choice of "'" is quite smart indeed!

Thanks for implementing this,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] Smart quotes in org-export.el
@ 2012-10-31  1:54 ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-10-31  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've installed a smart quotes module in org-export.el (new exporter). It
> is off by default. You can turn it on globally with
> `org-export-with-smart-quotes' variable, or locally with:

I thought I'd give this a try, but when I try to export the file below (to HTML
or LaTeX), I get an error:

    org-export-activate-smart-quotes: Wrong type argument: numberp, nil

If I disable the option, the export works (but without smart quotes, of course).

Regards,
Mike

------- example -------
This is a 'test' "file".

* Headline with 'quotes'
** Subheading with "quotes".
   This is "some" 'text'.

* Re: [ANN] Smart quotes in org-export.el
@ 2012-10-31 12:23   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-31 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@no8wireless.co.nz> writes:

> I thought I'd give this a try, but when I try to export the file below (to HTML
> or LaTeX), I get an error:
>
>     org-export-activate-smart-quotes: Wrong type argument: numberp, nil

Fixed. Thank you for testing this feature and reporting back errors.

@ 2012-11-01  0:11     ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-11-01  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Fixed. Thank you for testing this feature and reporting back errors.

Thanks for the fix. I've verified it works on both emacs 23 (the debian
package), and NTemacs (24).

Kind Regards,
Mike