* [new exporter] empty lines in LaTeX header
@ 2012-11-07 13:12 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-11-07 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

how is it possible to add an empty line to a LaTeX header?
Any empty
#+latex_header:
is 'stripped' from the exported document.

Background:
I am building a beamer presentation using the progress bar from
http://www.mrunix.de/forums/showpost.php?p=316577&postcount=3
and that definition requires a "mandatory!" empty line.

(NB:  My current workaround is to put #+latex_header: \include{pbar}
into the org document and have a separate pbar.tex with the definition.)

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: [new exporter] empty lines in LaTeX header
@ 2012-11-07 15:16 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-11-07 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha wrote:
> how is it possible to add an empty line to a LaTeX header?
> Any empty
> #+latex_header:
> is 'stripped' from the exported document.

Couldn't you use a #+begin/end_LaTeX block instead?

> Background:
> I am building a beamer presentation using the progress bar from
> http://www.mrunix.de/forums/showpost.php?p=316577&postcount=3
> and that definition requires a "mandatory!" empty line.

I'd be interested seeing the results...

Best regards,
Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [new exporter] empty lines in LaTeX header
@ 2012-11-08  3:31 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-11-08  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> how is it possible to add an empty line to a LaTeX header?
> Any empty
> #+latex_header:
> is 'stripped' from the exported document.
>

> Background:
> I am building a beamer presentation using the progress bar from
> http://www.mrunix.de/forums/showpost.php?p=316577&postcount=3
> and that definition requires a "mandatory!" empty line.

I know the snippet shown there indicates that an empty line is
required.  However, this is likely required to ensure a new paragraph is
started.  You could try inserting \par instead of a new line?  As in:

#+latex_header: \par

Untested.

By the way, you may also wish to check out the progressbar beamer theme:

https://github.com/cedricmauclair/beamer-progressbar

I have been using this for a long time now.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.2.50.1 and Org release_7.9.2-570-gc149e04a

* Re: [new exporter] empty lines in LaTeX header
@ 2012-11-09  8:44   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-11-09  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha wrote:
>> how is it possible to add an empty line to a LaTeX header?
>> Any empty
>> #+latex_header:
>> is 'stripped' from the exported document.
>
> Couldn't you use a #+begin/end_LaTeX block instead?

Good idea.  In fact, I can -- sort of.  I add the progress bar to
my own footnote-box.  The #+begin/end_LaTeX block is not placed at the
preamble, so that the progressbar does not appear on the first outline
slides.  But after that, it works.

>> Background:
>> I am building a beamer presentation using the progress bar from
>> http://www.mrunix.de/forums/showpost.php?p=316577&postcount=3
>> and that definition requires a "mandatory!" empty line.
>
> I'd be interested seeing the results...
Here you are:
https://www.box.com/s/7txixybbzkrzq2nod5m3

@ 2012-11-09  8:51   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-11-09  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> how is it possible to add an empty line to a LaTeX header?
>> Any empty
>> #+latex_header:
>> is 'stripped' from the exported document.
>>

>> Background:
>> I am building a beamer presentation using the progress bar from
>> http://www.mrunix.de/forums/showpost.php?p=316577&postcount=3
>> and that definition requires a "mandatory!" empty line.
>
> I know the snippet shown there indicates that an empty line is
> required.  However, this is likely required to ensure a new paragraph is
> started.  You could try inserting \par instead of a new line?  As in:
>
> #+latex_header: \par

Thanks for that.  It works fine!

> By the way, you may also wish to check out the progressbar beamer theme:
>
> https://github.com/cedricmauclair/beamer-progressbar

Thanks for the pointer.  Thing is, that I would like to stick to a
corporate design layout that I hacked together to mimic a Powerpoint
template.  And that snippet was the easiest to just add there.

(It has some shortcomings, though.  If I ever take the time to redo the
beamer style properly, I'll go for another progress bar....)

All the best,

@ 2012-11-12 23:57     ` Eric Fraga
From: Eric Fraga @ 2012-11-12 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>> #+latex_header: \par
>
> Thanks for that.  It works fine!

Excellent!

>> By the way, you may also wish to check out the progressbar beamer theme:
>>
>> https://github.com/cedricmauclair/beamer-progressbar
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  Thing is, that I would like to stick to a
> corporate design layout that I hacked together to mimic a Powerpoint
> template.  And that snippet was the easiest to just add there.

And, having looked at your example, it's quite appealing.  I like the
inconspicuous nature of your progress bar.  I may have to look at using
it...

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.2.50.1 and Org release_7.9.2-561-g6e31cf