* New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle
@ 2013-04-24 14:17 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-24 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

James Yuan noticed that the .org file that is published with my document
(http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org does not contain :tangle on any of
the source blocks.

One of the uses of this document is to pull up the file and tangle it to
create an emacs configuration but this seems to be broken in 8.0.

I'm using

	       :publishing-function (org-html-publish-to-html org-org-publish-to-org)

Bernt

* Re: New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle
@ 2013-04-24 14:27 ` Nicolas Goaziou
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-24 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> James Yuan noticed that the .org file that is published with my document
> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org does not contain :tangle on any of
> the source blocks.
>
> One of the uses of this document is to pull up the file and tangle it to
> create an emacs configuration but this seems to be broken in 8.0.

This is not directly related to the export framework.

For some reason, Babel removes all properties from the opening string of
a block when evaluated. IOW

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code :tangle yes
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

becomes

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

One workaround is to add Babel properties on a #+header: affiliated
keyword instead as

  #+header: :tangle yes
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

becomes

  #+header: :tangle yes
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle
@ 2013-04-24 14:52   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-24 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

@ 2013-04-24 14:53   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> James Yuan noticed that the .org file that is published with my document
>> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org does not contain :tangle on any of
>> the source blocks.
>>
>> One of the uses of this document is to pull up the file and tangle it to
>> create an emacs configuration but this seems to be broken in 8.0.
>
> This is not directly related to the export framework.
>
> For some reason, Babel removes all properties from the opening string of
> a block when evaluated. IOW
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code :tangle yes
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> becomes
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> One workaround is to add Babel properties on a #+header: affiliated
> keyword instead as
>
>   #+header: :tangle yes
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> becomes
>
>   #+header: :tangle yes
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC

Thanks,

I'll give that a try.  I think this used to work but as long as I can
get the same behaviour with your workaround that's fine with me.

Regards,

@ 2013-04-26  3:15   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-26  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> James Yuan noticed that the .org file that is published with my document
>> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org does not contain :tangle on any of
>> the source blocks.
>>
>> One of the uses of this document is to pull up the file and tangle it to
>> create an emacs configuration but this seems to be broken in 8.0.
>
> This is not directly related to the export framework.
>
> For some reason, Babel removes all properties from the opening string of
> a block when evaluated. IOW
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code :tangle yes
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> becomes
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> One workaround is to add Babel properties on a #+header: affiliated
> keyword instead as
>
>   #+header: :tangle yes
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>
> becomes
>
>   #+header: :tangle yes
>   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (+ 1 1)
>   #+END_SRC
>

> Regards,

Hi Nick,

So far my attempts using this workaround have failed and I can't get
:tangle in my exported org file.  I think I also would prefer to have
the :exports value in the .org source as well so it's a true
representation of the source.

I'll give this another try again later.

@ 2013-04-26 13:57     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-26 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> So far my attempts using this workaround have failed and I can't get
> :tangle in my exported org file.  I think I also would prefer to have
> the :exports value in the .org source as well so it's a true
> representation of the source.

There was a bug in org back-end: affiliated keywords were
removed. I fixed it. Does it solve your problem (using the workaround)?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle
@ 2013-04-26 14:12       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-26 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> So far my attempts using this workaround have failed and I can't get
>> :tangle in my exported org file.  I think I also would prefer to have
>> the :exports value in the .org source as well so it's a true
>> representation of the source.
>
> There was a bug in org back-end: affiliated keywords were
> removed. I fixed it. Does it solve your problem (using the workaround)?

Thanks!

I'll try again tonight and let you know.

@ 2013-04-26 23:04         ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-26 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>>
>>> So far my attempts using this workaround have failed and I can't get
>>> :tangle in my exported org file.  I think I also would prefer to have
>>> the :exports value in the .org source as well so it's a true
>>> representation of the source.
>>
>> There was a bug in org back-end: affiliated keywords were
>> removed. I fixed it. Does it solve your problem (using the workaround)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'll try again tonight and let you know.
>
> -Bernt

Yes I think this now works.  The :exports details are missing but it's
usable for generating a emacs.el file now from the document.

Thanks!

Bernt