* Bug ? Normal lines interpreted as list items
@ 2014-05-19 20:29 Sébastien Delafond
From: Sébastien Delafond @ 2014-05-19 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

a Debian user, reports[0] the following problem :

  When using Org within GNU Emacs, integers starting lines and followed
  by a period are interpreted as the first items of ordered lists, even
  when they are not.  Take, for instance, the following text in Org
  syntax and the corresponding part in a LaTeX export:

  Org text:
    Bla bla bla, bla bl, bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla,
    1998.  Bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.  Bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla
    bla bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.

  LaTeX export:
    Bla bla bla, bla bl, bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla,
    \begin{enumerate}
    \item Bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.  Bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla
    \end{enumerate}
    bla bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.

I see the same thing here with 8.2.1, and was wondering if this was
indeed a bug ?

Cheers,

--Seb

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/644238

* Re: Bug ? Normal lines interpreted as list items
@ 2014-05-19 22:07 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-05-19 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Delafond <sdelafond@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> a Debian user, reports[0] the following problem :
>
>   When using Org within GNU Emacs, integers starting lines and followed
>   by a period are interpreted as the first items of ordered lists, even
>   when they are not.  Take, for instance, the following text in Org
>   syntax and the corresponding part in a LaTeX export:
>
>   Org text:
>     Bla bla bla, bla bl, bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla,
>     1998.  Bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.  Bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla
>     bla bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.
>
>   LaTeX export:
>     Bla bla bla, bla bl, bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla,
>     \begin{enumerate}
>     \item Bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.  Bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla
>     \end{enumerate}
>     bla bla, bla bla bla bla, bla bla.
>
> I see the same thing here with 8.2.1, and was wondering if this was
> indeed a bug ?

Not in itself, but *how* the number got there *might* be a bug. See
the thread at

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72902

Nick