Andreas Leha writes: > I am talking about `org-toggle-latex-fragment'. And even if that is > fast, it is very annoying behaviour. I'd very much like to be able to > toggle individual images. In a math-heavy document the redisplay of all > formula images of even the current section takes noticable moment. But > much worse: if I am working on a formula, I usually like to see other > formulas as images. But they disappear as soon as I switch off the > image of the current formula to debug it. > > It is quite hard to even achieve the state where all formulas except the > formula under the point are displayed as image. > > And I'd expect `org-toggle-latex-fragment' to do what its name suggests: > to toggle the latex fragment, i.e. to produce the same state after the > second invocation. Similarly to visibility cycling only a prefix should > act globally, IMO. Fair enough. Would you mind testing the following patch, then? It makes `org-toggle-latex-fragment' behave more to your liking. Regards,