* hiding the PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2015-03-25 12:25 Randomcoder
From: Randomcoder @ 2015-03-25 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Is there an easier solution to hiding the :PROPERTIES: drawer by default ?
I was reading through this [1] but it's extremely complicated and I would
like to use this but.. currently it's absent from org-mode.

What do you use for this ?
(Btw, I mainly want to hide the PROPERTIES drawer because of the ID that's
always there for me. I need the ID to be there, but I don't want to see it,
and so I would prefer the drawer to be hidden/folded)

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17478260/completely-hide-the-properties-drawer-in-org-mode

* Re: hiding the PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2015-03-25 14:18 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2015-03-25 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Randomcoder

Hi Randomcoder,

Randomcoder <randomcoder1@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there an easier solution to hiding the :PROPERTIES: drawer by default ?

I'm not sure that a solution is needed.  In my setup (Org master branch,
Emacs 23), the PROPERTIES drawer is always folded by default.  I've
never done anything to make this happen; as far as I know, it's the
default behavior in Org.

So: is there something in your setup that's causing the drawer NOT to be
folded?  (Try loading Org in emacs -Q, then see if property drawers are
folded by default or not.)

If you need help finding out what's responsible, send us more specific
information about your Org version and configuration.

> (I need the ID to be there, but I don't want to see it, and so I would
> prefer the drawer to be hidden/folded)

Do you need the drawer to be hidden, or is having it folded enough?

Best,
Richard

* Re: hiding the PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2015-03-27 15:17   ` Leo Ufimtsev
From: Leo Ufimtsev @ 2015-03-27 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: Randomcoder, emacs-orgmode

I think he meant completely hiding the property drawer, so it wouldn't even be a one-liner.

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team

@ 2015-03-27 17:04     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-27 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Ufimtsev; +Cc: Randomcoder, Richard Lawrence, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@redhat.com> writes:

> I think he meant completely hiding the property drawer, so it wouldn't
> even be a one-liner.

This is not possible. Completely hiding data in a document sounds very
wrong, anyway.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: hiding the PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2015-03-28 14:47       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-03-28 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou
  Cc: Randomcoder, Leo Ufimtsev, Richard Lawrence, emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> I think he meant completely hiding the property drawer, so it wouldn't
>> even be a one-liner.
>
> This is not possible.

Even with an overlay ?

> Completely hiding data in a document sounds very wrong, anyway.

Sounds odd at least.
-- Xavier.