* Indicate on collapsed code block if in "editing mode"
@ 2015-05-19  8:33 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-05-19  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Due to scrolling speed, I prefer to leave the source blocks collapsed,
but then I do not see if they are in "editing mode", i.e. if I did C-'
on them for editing.

Is there a way of indicating on the collapsed code block if it is in
"editing mode"?

Thanks,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Indicate on collapsed code block if in "editing mode"
@ 2015-05-19 10:01 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-19 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Due to scrolling speed, I prefer to leave the source blocks collapsed,
> but then I do not see if they are in "editing mode", i.e. if I did C-'
> on them for editing.
>
> Is there a way of indicating on the collapsed code block if it is in
> "editing mode"?

I don't think there is one. Why do you need such an indication?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Indicate on collapsed code block if in "editing mode"
@ 2015-05-19 13:27   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-05-19 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> Due to scrolling speed, I prefer to leave the source blocks collapsed,
>> but then I do not see if they are in "editing mode", i.e. if I did C-'
>> on them for editing.
>>
>> Is there a way of indicating on the collapsed code block if it is in
>> "editing mode"?
>
> I don't think there is one. Why do you need such an indication?

Scrolling delays when having non-collapsed code blocks, as my document
is relatively long and contains many code blocks (literate
programming).

I already disabled fontification for the code blocks, but it does not
make a big difference.

Rainer

@ 2015-05-19 13:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-19 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Scrolling delays when having non-collapsed code blocks, as my document
> is relatively long and contains many code blocks (literate
> programming).
>
> I already disabled fontification for the code blocks, but it does not
> make a big difference.

I meant: why do you need to know if a collapsed code block is being
edited?

* Re: Indicate on collapsed code block if in "editing mode"
@ 2015-07-22  0:24       ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2015-07-22  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Very personal preference: I set `org-src-window-setup' to
`'current-window' to avoid that.
Grant Rettke
--
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/