* Putting the value of page-delimiter in some outline regexps?
@ 2020-09-02  4:02 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-09-02  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a way to cordon off the bottom of my Org files,
to create an area for file-local variables and "LocalWords" and what
have you that Org doesn't consider part of the file's final heading.

The usual Emacs thing to do seems to be using the value of
page-delimiter to demarcate the end of content, and the beginning of
meta data. I stuck that into the value of `org-outline-regexp', and also
hard-coded it into the "true heading" branch of `org-end-of-subtree'.
Over the past day this has worked fine for interactive use, and some
automatic Org-based tools. But I'm not so naive as to think that
catastrophic breakage couldn't be right around the corner as a result of
this!

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else had tried this, or had any ideas
about it.

Eric