Hi Ihor, Thanks for clearing up the nature of your patch-y feature request. >> p.s. I’m marking this as a patch on the tracker, since it is one :P > > This is not a real patch. I just separated changes I made in > org-element.el. Other changes include cache support across Org code and > tests. In total it looks roughly like: > > 12 files changed, 2584 insertions(+), 1140 deletions(-) > > However, I did not directly base the patch on master, but rather on > (hopefully-to-be-merged-at-some-point org-fold branch :’/). I am not too > interested in porting the patch onto master. At least not until I get > feedback on parser and API changes. Righteo, I’ll un-mark this as a patch then 🙂. >> As someone who tangles massive literate config this sounds like it could make >> quite a noticeable improvement. To test this, do I need to do anything more than >> just apply your patch? > > Applying the patch will not work. As I said, it is mostly for reference > to show the changes to parser and API. If you want to test it, you can > use . That repo includes the org-fold > branch and the new cache implementation. Ah, I’ve already got a few patches on Org that I’m preparing for sharing on the ML, so this may make it a bit harder for me. I’ll let you know how I find it if I do give it a go though. All the best, Timothy