Nicolas Goaziou writes: > I'm not sure. I wrote this some years ago. I guess the rationale at that > time was that it didn't feel useful to apply a format to an empty cell. > For example, if you use `:fmt "$%s$"', I assume you wouldn't want to get > "$$" in otherwise empty cells. Also makes sense. At this point, third-party code is likely to rely on the existing logic, so I do not see any reason to insist on changing org-table. To avoid confusion, can we change the docstring explicitly saying that empty cells are ignored? (see the attached) Best, Ihor