* gnus links not followed, also avl-tree error (org-capture issues)
@ 2022-04-18 15:27 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-04-18 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

Org captures have become an intrinsic part of my daily workflow, but having just upgaded emacs and orgmode, I suddenly find two errors (which clearly have related causes, at least as far as the upgrades go).

First, when I create a new capture link from a Gnus message, it successfully creates the same orgmode link it ever did, eg:
=[[gnus:mail.pro#DM5PR0801MB3799D6BD01F4178BA5F89EBBF6F39@DM5PR0801MB3799.namprd08.prod.outlook.com][Email from Bonnie Bingham: Fw: Moody approved to work]]
However, when attempting to FOLLOW that link it doesn't take me there, instead prompting me with =No match - create this as a new heading? (y or n)
Second, most of my plain (just me typing entries) captures fail to complete at all.

=org-capture: Capture abort: Wrong type argument: avl-tree-, nil
This is sending me back years to before I developed a nicely tuned org workflow, and it isn't pleasant. Is there something I forgot to include, or have there been breaking syntax changes somewhere?

Org mode version 9.5.2 (9.5.2-ga0755e @ /home/torysa/emacs/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0)

- Tory