* [BUG] org-fold-core-style 'text-properties interprets Org link syntax in code blocks too
@ 2022-04-27 15:45 Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2022-04-27 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hello,

With the default value of the new org-fold-core-style, if I have a
snippet like below:

#+begin_src toml
[[asdf]]
#+end_src

The brackets around asdf get hidden. ([[asdf]] is TOML syntax for maps
or array of tables: https://toml.io/en/v1.0.0#array-of-tables)

If I change org-fold-core-style to overlays, and refresh that Org
buffer, I see the square brackets around asdf in the src block (as
expected).

Org mode version 9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-458-g1ed9e4)

--
Kaushal Modi

* Re: [BUG] org-fold-core-style 'text-properties interprets Org link syntax in code blocks too
@ 2022-04-28 14:44 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-04-28 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> With the default value of the new org-fold-core-style, if I have a
> snippet like below:
>
> #+begin_src toml
> [[asdf]]
> #+end_src
>
> The brackets around asdf get hidden. ([[asdf]] is TOML syntax for maps
> or array of tables: https://toml.io/en/v1.0.0#array-of-tables)
>
> If I change org-fold-core-style to overlays, and refresh that Org
> buffer, I see the square brackets around asdf in the src block (as
> expected).

Confirmed.
The same problem also did exist in the past, but it was shadowed by
re-fontification.

I am not going to fix this just yet unless it is critical. It does not
look like this bug is common.

This and other fontification issues will be solved by new parser-based
fontification engine I am working on now.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [BUG] org-fold-core-style 'text-properties interprets Org link syntax in code blocks too
@ 2022-04-28 15:06   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2022-04-28 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 10:44 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not going to fix this just yet unless it is critical. It does not
> look like this bug is common.

It's not time-critical, but it would be good to fix this bug. It's not
just the Org link syntax.. any Org markup is fontified inside the src
blocks. Here's a screenshot (attached) that shows the bold
fortification happen in the src block as well.

> This and other fontification issues will be solved by new parser-based
> fontification engine I am working on now.

If it is planned to be fixed before the next major release of Org,
it's OK. Thanks for working on this!

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 71681 bytes --]

* Re: [BUG] org-fold-core-style 'text-properties interprets Org link syntax in code blocks too
@ 2022-04-29  9:25     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-04-29  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> It's not time-critical, but it would be good to fix this bug. It's not
> just the Org link syntax.. any Org markup is fontified inside the src
> blocks. Here's a screenshot (attached) that shows the bold
> fortification happen in the src block as well.

Emphasis should not be affected by the latest change.
Are you sure that what you are seeing appeared _after_ org-fold merge?
For me, it looks like known problem with partial fontification of large
source blocks. It should disappear if you scroll up to the block begin
line.

>> This and other fontification issues will be solved by new parser-based
>> fontification engine I am working on now.
>
> If it is planned to be fixed before the next major release of Org,
> it's OK. Thanks for working on this!

I hope so. Feel free to bump this thread few months later if there is no
progress on fontification.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [BUG] org-fold-core-style 'text-properties interprets Org link syntax in code blocks too
@ 2022-10-13  6:18   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-13  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

>> With the default value of the new org-fold-core-style, if I have a
>> snippet like below:
>>
>> #+begin_src toml
>> [[asdf]]
>> #+end_src
>>
>> The brackets around asdf get hidden. ([[asdf]] is TOML syntax for maps
>> or array of tables: https://toml.io/en/v1.0.0#array-of-tables)
>>
>> If I change org-fold-core-style to overlays, and refresh that Org
>> buffer, I see the square brackets around asdf in the src block (as
>> expected).
>
> Confirmed.
> The same problem also did exist in the past, but it was shadowed by
> re-fontification.

Fixed now.
See https://orgmode.org/list/XdWFnN3XCJ67x3SvoiVo_itGGYfboKmuWp7OxQxRZ_SGA5vgb72oWBoqTmOUUtiqUR890-kIXjI7uhlse-HFYqNVJTyVlc15zAzbP8qHVdo=@loderhose.com

--