Ihor Radchenko writes: > Marked for future removal in ob-python.el. > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=21741a469 Thanks Ihor. Not sure if it's too early for this, but I've prepared a patch to remove the support for python-mode.el, attached. Also, to help any python-mode users with the transition, I ported the code to support python-mode to an external package here: https://gitlab.com/jackkamm/ob-python-mode-mode As always, feedback is welcome, either on this patch or the external package. Best, Jack