* circufix notation for inline <pre> and <strike> styling
@ 2006-06-06 14:38 Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2006-06-06 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: circufix notation for inline <pre> and <strike> styling
@ 2006-06-06 14:49 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-06 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Austin Frank; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 6, 2006, at 16:38, Austin Frank wrote:

>     many programming languages have a ;for; loop.
>
> which would be exported as

> another possible syntax would be
>
>     many programming languages have a #for# loop.

I guess these would be reasonable.

> The specific markup used isn't really important to me, but I would like
> the ability to specify this kind of formatting for single words instead
> of whole lines.
>
> While I'm at it, is strike-through possible?
>
>     -event- was canceled

I think this one is a bit too likely to occur in a non-intended way, a
different syntax would be needed, and I am willing to implement it
(even though strike-through is another one of those markups I would
never use because I think they could cause an eye injury :-)

- Carsten

* Re: circufix notation for inline <pre> and <strike> styling
@ 2006-06-10 12:24   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-06-10 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> While I'm at it, is strike-through possible?
>>
>>     -event- was canceled
>
> I think this one is a bit too likely to occur in a non-intended way, a
> different syntax would be needed, and I am willing to implement it
> (even though strike-through is another one of those markups I would
> never use because I think they could cause an eye injury :-)

What about "+event+"? or ~event~? I think this is less likely to occur
then -event-.  BTW, "++event++" is already in use in some wiki syntax
for strike-through (see wikka wiki).

Strike-through is quite useful when editing a blog entry.  I can see
many occurrences of people using it in some +cynic+ ironical way...

Bastien