* metadata clutterring the view
@ 2009-02-16 16:55 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-02-16 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello list,

I have an issue where one of my org files has so much metadate in the top,
that it ends up by cluttering the view of the contents of the file. Is there
a way to also collapse it somehow or hide it?

Here's a screenshot:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2063/screenshotny5.png

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

* Re: metadata clutterring the view
@ 2009-02-16 17:28 ` Dan Griswold
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Dan Griswold @ 2009-02-16 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> I have an issue where one of my org files has so much metadate in
> the top, that it ends up by cluttering the view of the contents of
> the file. Is there a way to also collapse it somehow or hide it?

How about using #+SETUPFILE: file ? Will that take care of it?

Dan

--
--------------
Dan Griswold

* Re: metadata clutterring the view
@ 2009-02-16 18:46 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-02-16 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Put all the tags in one line?

#+TAGS: WORK(w) URGENT(u) ENGLISH(e) CUSTOMER_A(A) CUSTOMER_B(b) DOC(d) BIB(b) EMACS(E) LOCAL(l) IDEE(i)

I think the startup options work in one line too.

Regards,

  Sebastian

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello list,
>
> I have an issue where one of my org files has so much metadate in the top,
> that it ends up by cluttering the view of the contents of the file. Is there
> a way to also collapse it somehow or hide it?
>
> Here's a screenshot:
> http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2063/screenshotny5.png
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo.

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: metadata clutterring the view
@ 2009-02-16 18:47 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-02-16 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Forgot to say:

use

  M-x customize-group RET org RET

Put common things there.

@ 2009-02-16 19:35   ` Manuel Hermenegildo
From: Manuel Hermenegildo @ 2009-02-16 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Griswold; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I may be misunderstanding the problem but if it is just hiding all
that config stuff at the beginning of the file for this I simply put
an initial dummy item:

* BEGINNING OF FILE
... Lots of configuration stuff ...
... Lots of configuration stuff ...
... Lots of configuration stuff ...
* First item in the file
* Second item in the file
etc.

and then simply collapse that first dummy item. SETUPFILE is also an
option, --Manuel

 Manuel Hermenegildo                     | Prof., C.S.Dept., T.U. Madrid (UPM)
 Director, IMDEA-Software and CLIP Group | +34-91-336-7435 (W) -352-4819 (Fax)

* Re: metadata clutterring the view
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-17  3:57 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2009-02-17  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

My trick is to hide it.

* COMMENT Config
#+blah
#+blah
#+blah

If #+SETUPFILE that Dan mentioned does what I think it does, I will
probably be changin my evil ways since right now I cut and paste the
same config section into all of my main project files.

Edd

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have an issue where one of my org files has so much metadate in the top,
> that it ends up by cluttering the view of the contents of the file. Is there
> a way to also collapse it somehow or hide it?
>
> Here's a screenshot:
> http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2063/screenshotny5.png
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo.

* Re: Re: metadata clutterring the view
@ 2009-02-17 20:51     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-17 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Hermenegildo; +Cc: Dan Griswold, emacs-orgmode

On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Manuel Hermenegildo wrote:

> I may be misunderstanding the problem but if it is just hiding all
> that config stuff at the beginning of the file for this I simply put
> an initial dummy item:
>
> * BEGINNING OF FILE
> ... Lots of configuration stuff ...
> ... Lots of configuration stuff ...
> ... Lots of configuration stuff ...
> * First item in the file
> * Second item in the file
> etc.

I always create a setup section just like you, but put it *last* in
the file.
There it is out of the way.

- Carsten