* Item ranking system?
@ 2009-07-03 18:04 Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2009-07-03 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm sure there are many ways in org to accomplish my goal with this
particular project, which is to create a ranking system for items.
Here's the situation: I have about 200 items that I am evaluating. I
need each item to have a title, a tag, a note, and a ranking from 0 to
5. Then, I need to be able to sort the items by rank, with items ranked
5 at the top. I know that I can do this using tables in org, but I
prefer the flexibility of headings (some of the items might have long
notes attached to them, or links, or whatever). Also, I don't think I
can tag individual cells in a table, or operate on cells the way I can
with headings in org (move, refile, show and hide, etc.). So, I'm
looking for something that will allow me to have the best of worlds:
flexibility as with headings, and numerical sorting as with table cells.

Suggestions most welcome.

Cheers.

Ross

--