* Mobile org
@ 2009-09-02 15:44 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-09-02 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello list,

org-mode really changed my life, and allowed me to fully implement GTD the
way I wanted. However, I miss having access to it everytime, so, I'm looking
for a mobile device that could run emacs and org, and that I could keep in
sync with my laptop.

What do you think?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Marcelo.

* mobile org
@ 2010-04-20  2:12 clsnyder
From: clsnyder @ 2010-04-20  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I have a web-dav set up via dreamhost on a remote server
(http://myfile.clsnyder.com/orgmode/index.org)

I have mobile org on my iphone.

When I ftp transferred files to the server, they show up on the iphone app, and
sync and work fine.

I am unable to push or pull anything from my windows/mac home computers from the
server via emacs;
Under Org Mobile group, I put http://myfile.clsnyder.com/orgmode/ as the org
mobile directory (where would I input the username and password?)

When I try to push files and views or get captured, I get a
"org-mobile-check-setup: Please set `org-directory' to the directory where your
org files live" error

? any ideas

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.
orgmode 6.33a
windows 7

Thanks

cls

* Re: mobile org
@ 2010-04-24 13:11 charles snyder
From: charles snyder @ 2010-04-24 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

My earlier post was in regard to problems with sync from mobile org on a
iphone to a webdav folder on
a remote server (in this case a dreamhost account).

I got it to work, and though perhaps this overly simplistic description of
the steps would be helpful to
someone else.

The instructions are for a mac, but windows XP will mount webdav folders as
well.
Unfortunately, windows 7 "hates" webdav, and the easiest way is to install
(free) external software to mount a webdav
(at least that's my understanding):

  1. Go to the finder
  2. Click on Go and choose 'connect to server'
  3. The server is http://myfile.clsnyder.com/orgmode
  4. Click Connect
  5. The user name is username
  6. The password is password
  7. Save as a favorite - it will always need to be mounted in order to
access it
  8. An icon will show up on the desktop called 'orgmode': this has the
remote files
  9. You must identify the org-mobile-directory as "/Volumes/orgmode/" -
this can be done either in
.emacs or just click org ->  Mobile org -> Setup. If the latter, save for
all future sessions.
10. The org-mobile-files are "/Users/clsnyder/Dropbox/emacs_org/personal.org
",
"/Users/clsnyder/Dropbox/emacs_org/reference.org",
"/Users/clsnyder/Dropbox/emacs_org/notes.org",
"/Users/clsnyder/Dropbox/emacs_org/journal.org",
"/Users/clsnyder/Dropbox/emacs_org/calendar.org"

Again, this can be done in .emacs or as described above
  11. This should work

Hope this helps someone.

Charles Snyder

* Mobile org
@ 2017-01-23 12:49 Paul Schlesinger
From: Paul Schlesinger @ 2017-01-23 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Paul Schlesinger

For about two weeks since getting a new ipad I have not been able to
re-install mobile org. After setting up dropbox I can log in from MobileOrg
but the target directories are not created and they are not use if I create
them manually. This seems to me to be resulting from a change in dropbox.
Perhaps these are anticipated by the promise of a version 1.71 that appears
to be expected but not available. I would appreciate direction to
installation instructions that are current or other explanation.

Thank you

Paul Schlesinger

--
Paul H. Schlesinger MD, PhD

* mobile org
@ 2019-11-18  0:01 Jude DaShiell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2019-11-18  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Will mobile org work in Android PI?  If not, any good alternatives beyond
orgsly available?  I don't like to have to use dropbox and would like to
plug a usb cord into my computer and synchtronize my orgmode files that
way if possible.  Last time mobile org got updated was 2013 according to
google play store unless later updates happened by git or github.  Mobile
org donate also had a 2013 last update in the google play store too and I
wouldn't have minded paying for that if it would work with Android Pi and
would also work with android Q.