* BUG? Exporting "missing level" to LaTeX fails
@ 2011-02-22 12:04 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-02-22 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: BUG? Exporting "missing level" to LaTeX fails
@ 2011-02-22 13:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> If I export to htrml, the "missing level" is exported "properly", but in
> the LaTeX / pdf export, all levels below the "missing level" (FIRST,
> SECOND) are not exported.
>
> Am I right in considering this a bug?

I'd call this a limitation of the current LaTeX exporter, which requires
the Org file to be propertly structured (i.e. with no missing levels.)

--
 Bastien

* Re: BUG? Exporting "missing level" to LaTeX fails
@ 2011-02-22 15:55   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-02-22 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Re: BUG? Exporting "missing level" to LaTeX fails
@ 2011-02-26 16:36     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-26 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Well - agreed on the "not properly structured" part, but that limitation
> cost me more then an hour work to figure out why my longish document
> does not export one heading.
>
> Would it be possible, to print a warning when that happens?

Sorry, it's not that easy.  I added a note to the manual in the first
paragraph of the "LaTeX and PDF export" section.  Hope it's informative
enough.

--
 Bastien

* Re: BUG? Exporting "missing level" to LaTeX fails
@ 2011-02-28 11:29       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2011-02-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Well - agreed on the "not properly structured" part, but that limitation
>> cost me more then an hour work to figure out why my longish document
>> does not export one heading.
>>
>> Would it be possible, to print a warning when that happens?
>
> Sorry, it's not that easy.  I added a note to the manual in the first
> paragraph of the "LaTeX and PDF export" section.  Hope it's informative
> enough.

Thanks,

Rainer

--