* [babel] variable org-babel-function-def-export-keyword not respected?
@ 2011-06-12  2:56 Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2011-06-12  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

At some point in the distant org past, I seem to recall that named source code
blocks were exported with their names in tact.  Now (latest git pull, Org-mode
version 7.5 (release_7.5.367.gc4737)) the code is only exported, and not the
name of the block.  For example, export the following to HTML.

* a block
here's a named block
#+source: rand(n)
#+begin_src R
   runif(n)
#+end_src")

This seems in conflict with the doc-string for the following variable.

(defvar org-babel-function-def-export-keyword "function"
   "The keyword to substitute for the source name line on export.
When exporting a source block function, this keyword will
appear in the exported version in the place of source name
line. A source block is considered to be a source block function
if the source name is present and is followed by a parenthesized
argument list. The parentheses may be empty or contain
whitespace. An example is the following which generates n random
\(uniform) numbers.

#+source: rand(n)
#+begin_src R
   runif(n)
#+end_src")

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks!

--e

* Re: [babel] variable org-babel-function-def-export-keyword not respected?
@ 2011-06-13 21:51 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-13 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi Erik,

You're right, this functionality appears to have been removed some time
ago.  There are now two variables which are defined but are never used.

1. org-babel-function-def-export-keyword
2. org-babel-function-def-export-indent

Perhaps this functionality should be dropped, if it took this many
months for anyone to report it missing it may not be worth the added
complexity in the code base.

Thoughts? -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte