* xml statement in html and apache error
@ 2011-04-07  3:36 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-04-07  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cant really give too many details or suggestions as to why it failed,
but the default xml string at the top of export to html files was
causing apache to fail.

,----
| Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
| /home/shamrock/common-files/webs/richardriley.net/projects/emacs/index.html
| on line 1
`----

I simply removed the html xml declaration,

,----
| org-export-html-xml-declaration is a variable defined in `org-html.el'.
| Its value is
| (("php" . "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"%s\"?>"))
`----

reexported my private little web, reloaded apache and all was
well. Which was cool considering I hadnt exported it from the org data
for all of about 2 years!

Far from thought out, almost certainly not "correct" I am sure, but got
my web back working.

Possibly someone else can comment on cause/effect.

regards

r.