Hi, Indeed this example below no longer works, however I believe the new behavior is both desired and permanent. I'll explain and include an option for how your example could be restructured to work with the new code. We ran into problems automatically removing trailing newlines from code block bodies as in some languages (looking at you Python and Haskell) things like trailing newlines are of syntactic importance. In your example this behavior results in the insertion of newlines after file-name and file-version. Babel is careful to preserve line prefixes when expanding references in comments, so it then reproduces the # Generated from portion of that line for every line of the expanded noweb references. I would suggest the following alternatives, either using a data references in stead of a code block reference as in the file-version example below, or using an evaluated code block as in the file-name example below. Hope this helps. Best -- Eric