David Maus writes: > Hi Eric, > > At Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:22:34 -0600, > Eric Schulte wrote: >> Hi David, >> >> I agree it would be preferable to note that not all tests are run when >> dependencies are missing, although I don't think it is extremely >> important. I think some version of the above would be worthwhile if it >> could be done in a file-wide manner (as are the current dependency >> checks) and wouldn't require duplicating the dependency check or >> changing every test form individually. Perhaps a file-local-variable >> could be used to expect failures for every form defined in the file? > > I tried the approach with a file-local variable but it didn't work > out: A macro can be expanded at any time, i.e. looks like there is no > way to obtain a reference to the buffer where the macro is defined at > expansion time. > > But finally came up with this one: > Nice macro, The only downside I see is the requirement to wrap every single deftest form which (to me) is too much overhead for too little payoff. How about the following which will register a failing test for each file of tests not loaded due to missing dependencies. Best -- Eric