* tags in clock table
@ 2012-01-31  0:11 Anton Travleev
From: Anton Travleev @ 2012-01-31  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

is there possibility to see tags in the clock table?

Anton Travleev

* Re: tags in clock table
@ 2012-01-31 17:34 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-01-31 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Travleev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Anton Travleev <tratosha@yandex.ru> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there possibility to see tags in the clock table?

What exactly are you trying to do?

There is supposed to be a way to limit the clock report to specific tags
using the :tags heading but I haven't played with this at all.

The agenda clock report used to limit to the filtered tags with C-u R
but that no longer seems to work either :/  I haven't looked into which
commit broke that functionality yet.

If you use 'v c' in the agenda to look at clocking lines the tags
associated with the headline are included -- but this isn't a clock
report which totals the values, it just shows the raw data.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: tags in clock table
@ 2012-01-31 17:43   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-31 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> is there possibility to see tags in the clock table?
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> There is supposed to be a way to limit the clock report to specific tags
> using the :tags heading but I haven't played with this at all.
>
> The agenda clock report used to limit to the filtered tags with C-u R
> but that no longer seems to work either :/  I haven't looked into which
> commit broke that functionality yet.

This does limit clock lines to tasks having a particular tag that you filter
in or out. As Bernt tells, you must ask for the clock report thru C-u R (and
not just R) if you want the table to be filtered accordingly.

Bernt, this still works for me. Used it yesterday for my January sheet...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: tags in clock table
@ 2012-02-01  1:33     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-02-01  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>>> is there possibility to see tags in the clock table?
>>
>> The agenda clock report used to limit to the filtered tags with C-u R
>> but that no longer seems to work either :/  I haven't looked into which
>> commit broke that functionality yet.
>
> As Bernt tells, you must ask for the clock report thru C-u R (and
> not just R) if you want the table to be filtered accordingly.
>
> Bernt, this still works for me. Used it yesterday for my January
> sheet...

Yes this works for me too - must have been pilot error on my windows
system at work.

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: tags in clock table
@ 2012-02-04  4:37   ` Anton Travleev
From: Anton Travleev @ 2012-02-04  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Bernt,

I want to get clock summary over a week for each tag I set during this week.

I have a lot of tags, so the manual filtering is tedious, not to mention that I can forget some of them.

There is no possibility to split the clocktable into chunks by tags, only by days or weeks, see option :step  (there was discussion in the thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/38195/focus=38889, maybe it is outdated)

So I thought I can first just see all tags I set during the week in the clocktable (that is my initial question), and then use :tag option of the clocktable to get time summary for each tag.

Regards, Anton

31.01.2012, 21:34, "Bernt Hansen" <bernt@norang.ca>:
> Anton Travleev <tratosha@yandex.ru> writes:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  is there possibility to see tags in the clock table?
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> There is supposed to be a way to limit the clock report to specific tags
> using the :tags heading but I haven't played with this at all.
>
> The agenda clock report used to limit to the filtered tags with C-u R
> but that no longer seems to work either :/  I haven't looked into which
> commit broke that functionality yet.
>
> If you use 'v c' in the agenda to look at clocking lines the tags
> associated with the headline are included -- but this isn't a clock
> report which totals the values, it just shows the raw data.
>
> Regards,
> Bernt

* Re: tags in clock table
@ 2012-02-04 12:57     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-02-04 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Travleev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Anton,

There was a discussion over a year ago with a patch that generates clock
tables for tags.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26371

I'm not sure if that works with the agenda for a time range or not but
it might be closer to what you are looking for.

Regards,
Bernt