* implement appt warntime
@ 2012-07-16 10:46 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2012-07-16 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: org mode

Hi Bastien,

I had a look at org-notify.el. It's over engineered for my need. If you
recall I submitted a patch that added warntime on the header. It's not
pretty but it works for me.

I could use properties instead. For example:

** an appointment with a reminder 5 minutes before 10:00
   SCHEDULED: <2012-07-16 Mon 10:00>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :WARNTIME: 5
  :END:

Would you integrate such a functionality? I might code it if I find the
time.

Take care,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr

A great teacher is one who realizes that he himself is also a student
and whose goal is not dictate the answers, but to stimulate his
students creativity enough so that they go out and find the answers
themselves.
    -- Herbie Hancock

* Re: implement appt warntime
@ 2012-07-17 20:42 ` Moritz Ulrich
From: Moritz Ulrich @ 2012-07-17 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, org mode

I haven't had a look at the patch, but this property looks like a very
nice and easy solution.

+1.

--
Moritz Ulrich

* Re: implement appt warntime
@ 2012-08-01 14:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-01 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: org mode

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kanis <ivan.kanis@googlemail.com> writes:

> I had a look at org-notify.el. It's over engineered for my need. If you
> recall I submitted a patch that added warntime on the header. It's not
> pretty but it works for me.
>
> I could use properties instead. For example:
>
> ** an appointment with a reminder 5 minutes before 10:00
>    SCHEDULED: <2012-07-16 Mon 10:00>
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :WARNTIME: 5
>   :END:

I've implemented something along this idea, using APPT_WARNTIME instead
to make sure this is only useful when adding the entry to the list of
apptointment with `appt-add'.

Also, "W" is a new speedy command to insert this property quickly.

Please test and report any problem.

Note that Emacs >=23.3 is needed for this to work properly.

Thanks for this idea!

--
 Bastien

* Re: implement appt warntime
@ 2012-08-19 19:09   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2012-08-19 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org mode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> a écrit

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Ivan Kanis <ivan.kanis@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I could use properties instead. For example:
>>
>> ** an appointment with a reminder 5 minutes before 10:00
>>    SCHEDULED: <2012-07-16 Mon 10:00>
>>   :PROPERTIES:
>>   :WARNTIME: 5
>>   :END:
>
> I've implemented something along this idea, using APPT_WARNTIME instead
> to make sure this is only useful when adding the entry to the list of
> apptointment with `appt-add'.
>
> Please test and report any problem.

I tried is this evening and unfortunately it's not working.

I think the problem is in the following line in the function
org-agenda-to-appt:

(org-entry-get (point) "APPT_WARNTIME"))

I don't think (point) is in the right place after the parsing is done in
org-agenda-get-day-entries.

I guess that from the entries we can find the proper point in the
correct buffer.

Take care,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr

definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    -- Brian Kernighan

I am listening to "The XX - Stars".

* Re: implement appt warntime
@ 2012-08-19 19:50     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-19 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: org mode

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kanis <ivan.kanis@googlemail.com> writes:

> I tried is this evening and unfortunately it's not working.

Indeed.  It should works fine now, please test and tell me.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: implement appt warntime
@ 2012-08-21 18:36       ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2012-08-21 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org mode

Hey Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Indeed.  It should works fine now, please test and tell me.

Works great, thank you!
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr