* sticky agenda and clock persistence interaction
@ 2012-09-21  2:17 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2012-09-21  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of
2010-12-11 on brahms, modified by Debian
Org-mode version 7.9 (org-7.9-3-ga986d3 @ /home/brian/.emacsd/site-lisp/)

I just found that if I have

(setq org-agenda-sticky t)
(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)

in my .emacs---or rather in a file that my .emacs invokes with
load-library---I get

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/home/brian/.emacs':

Symbol's function definition is void: org-toggle-sticky-agenda

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

in a *Warnings* buffer, whereas if I have

(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
(setq org-agenda-sticky t)

in my .emacs, emacs launches without complaint.

The backtrace from running with --debug-init is attached. (gmail's web
interface barfs on the control codes and won't let me paste more than
the first three lines into the message pane.)

This seems odd and smells of a bug or at least a documentation lapse.

If that's not enough to go on, I'm happy to provide more information.

Best,

Brian vdB