* upgraded emacs, now org-mode is broken in os x lion terminal
@ 2012-10-08 17:05 Harumph Frog
From: Harumph Frog @ 2012-10-08 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I upgraded my emacs recently to 24.2 cocoa using homebrew, and now org-mode
is pretty much useless in the terminal. The problem is more irritating than
it would be if it didn't work at all, which would give me a clue as to how
to fix it. When I'm editing a list (using the asterisk), and contract or
expand the elements of the list (using tab), all kinds of weirdness occurs.
Some list items will suddenly duplicate. Some list items will disappear
completely. Items will be pushed way down the page, and then jump back up.
This is all happening as I'm pushing nothing but tab.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled emacs using brew. I installed the latest
version of org-mode (and confirmed that emacs was using it) without any
change, so I switched back to the version that came with the latest release
of emacs. I've done a lot of googling but can't find anyone who has had
this problem with org-mode. Anyone have any ideas?

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 Emacs 24.2 org-version 7.8.11