* Priority cookies in org-store-link
@ 2012-12-03  7:21 William Léchelle
From: William Léchelle @ 2012-12-03  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

As for a recent git version, calling org-store-link on a subtree records its
priority cookie in the link, which therefore breaks if the said priority is
changed (“no match - create this as a new heading ?”)

Links not featuring the priority succeed at finding the headline which has such
a priority mark, so I suggest the priority is removed from the captured link.

--

As a side note, testing to ask this, it looks like captured links won't take
into account header text after < or >, hence capturing links to headlines

* Re: Priority cookies in org-store-link
@ 2012-12-24  0:56 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-24  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Léchelle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi William,

William Léchelle <william.lechelle@ens-lyon.fr> writes:

> As for a recent git version, calling org-store-link on a subtree records its
> priority cookie in the link, which therefore breaks if the said priority is
> changed (“no match - create this as a new heading ?”)
>
> Links not featuring the priority succeed at finding the headline which has such
> a priority mark, so I suggest the priority is removed from the
> captured link.

This is now the case in master, it will be part of 8.0.
Thanks for the suggestion.

> As a side note, testing to ask this, it looks like captured links won't take
> into account header text after < or >, hence capturing links to headlines
> featuring these will fail, is there a known issue about accepted characters in
> headlines that I'm not aware of ?

There should be none, please test master if you can and report any
problem.

Best,

--
 Bastien