Bastien writes: > PS: To make things clear: I'm confident the patch is good, but I will > put it higher on my patch review process if I know the agenda does not > slow down :) Here is the patch. Now one just needs ;; Local Variables: ;; eval: (orgstruct-mode 1) ;; orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp: ";;; " ;; End: It cannot get any easier than this. 2013-01-31 Christopher Schmidt * org.el (org-cycle-global-status, org-cycle-subtree-status): Set state property. (org-heading-components): Use org-heading-regexp in orgstruct-mode. (orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp, orgstruct-setup-hook): New options. (orgstruct-initialized): New variable. (orgstruct-mode): Simplify implementation. (orgstruct-setup): Simplify implementation. Translate keys to their most general equivalent. (orgstruct-make-binding): Generate index on the fly. Discard alternative keys. Bind variables according to orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp. (org-get-local-variables): Honour state property. (org-run-like-in-org-mode): Do not override variables with non-default values. (org-forward-heading-same-level): Do not skip to headlines on another level. Handle negative prefix argument correctly. (org-backward-heading-same-level): Use org-forward-heading-same-level.