Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Achim Gratz writes: > >> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>> Yes, org-string-width eventually calls string-width, so that behaves >>> "correctly" as far as it goes, but unfortunately that's not where the >>> value in the text properties comes from... >>> >>> 《蛙》 >>> 123456 >>> >>> Doesn't that line up for you? Those bracket characters come with their >>> own "whitespace", maybe this is clearer: >>> >>> 正能量 >>> 123456 >>> >>> One Chinese character should definitely take up two screen columns. [...] > On second thought I don't think it's a problem with text properties. > (add-text-properties 0 6 '() "正能量") gives an Args out of range error, > and it probably should, since all it cares about is the number of > characters in the string. Here's one provisional attempt to fix one instance of weirdness, inside `org-table-justify-field-maybe'. This handles re-justification of table fields when you hit TAB or S-TAB. It turns out this spot doesn't use text properties, but match-end/beginning locations. This patch Works For Me, though it's a little ugly and I have no idea if it may cause other repercussions. Could someone just glance over it? Thanks, Eric