* Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 14:26 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-05-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is it me or is it normal that the:

#+Bibliography: foo plain

line is not exported by the LaTeX backend?

I assume that:
\bibliography{foo}
\bibliographystyle{plain}
is a decent way to handle it.

Thanks for any comment.

--
Fabrice

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 14:50 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-05-06 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 04:26:16PM +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> Is it me or is it normal that the:
>
> #+Bibliography: foo plain
>
> line is not exported by the LaTeX backend?
>
> I assume that:
> \bibliography{foo}
> \bibliographystyle{plain}
> is a decent way to handle it.

Sometime back there was talk about integrating bibliography in the Org
syntax.  That would make it backend agnostic (always a goal with most
Org features).  If you are interested, take a look at the following
thread.

  <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67488/focus=67521>

--
Suvayu

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 17:21   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-05-06 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Sure, I remember this thread and it is clear that the problem is very
different when it is for LaTeX of for and HTML backend.
However, Reftex is provided with Emacs, and it is also integrated to Org
mode.

So I was trying to solve my simple problem about the bibliography keyword
this way:

(defadvice org-latex-keyword (around org-latex-keyword-bibliography)
  "Exports `bibliography' keyword with LaTeX backend."
  (let ((key (org-element-property :key (ad-get-arg 0)))
        (value (org-element-property :value (ad-get-arg 0))))
    (if (and (string= key "BIBLIOGRAPHY")
             (string-match "\\(\\S-+\\)[ \t]+\\(\\S-+\\)\\([^\r\n]*\\)"
value))
        (let ((bibfile (match-string 1 value))
              (bibstyle (match-string 2 value)))
          (format "\\bibliography{%s}\n\\bibliographystyle{%s}" bibfile
bibstyle))
        ad-do-it)))

(ad-activate 'org-latex-keyword)

in my personal Org mode setup. However, it does not work. The advice is
called and returns the string,
but somehow it is not inserted in the buffer. If I do the same thing in
ox-latex.el:org-latex-keyword function,
it does work. Any idea why ?

Fabrice

2013/5/6 Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>

> On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 04:26:16PM +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> > Is it me or is it normal that the:
> >
> > #+Bibliography: foo plain
> >
> > line is not exported by the LaTeX backend?
> >
> > I assume that:
> > \bibliography{foo}
> > \bibliographystyle{plain}
> > is a decent way to handle it.
>
> Sometime back there was talk about integrating bibliography in the Org
> syntax.  That would make it backend agnostic (always a goal with most
> Org features).  If you are interested, take a look at the following
> thread.
>
>   <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67488/focus=67521>
>
> --
> Suvayu

Fabrice Popineau
-----------------------------
SUPELEC
Département Informatique
3, rue Joliot Curie
91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
------------------------------

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 18:51     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-06 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> Sure, I remember this thread and it is clear that the problem is very
> different when it is for LaTeX of for and HTML backend.
> However, Reftex is provided with Emacs, and it is also integrated to Org
> mode.

Since it is back-end dependent, why don't you use:

  #+latex: \bibliography{...}\bibilographystyle{...}

instead?

> So I was trying to solve my simple problem about the bibliography keyword
> this way:
>
> (defadvice org-latex-keyword (around org-latex-keyword-bibliography)
>   "Exports `bibliography' keyword with LaTeX backend."
>   (let ((key (org-element-property :key (ad-get-arg 0)))
>         (value (org-element-property :value (ad-get-arg 0))))
>     (if (and (string= key "BIBLIOGRAPHY")
>              (string-match "\\(\\S-+\\)[ \t]+\\(\\S-+\\)\\([^\r\n]*\\)"
> value))
>         (let ((bibfile (match-string 1 value))
>               (bibstyle (match-string 2 value)))
>           (format "\\bibliography{%s}\n\\bibliographystyle{%s}" bibfile
> bibstyle))
>         ad-do-it)))
>
> (ad-activate 'org-latex-keyword)
>
> in my personal Org mode setup. However, it does not work. The advice is
> called and returns the string,
> but somehow it is not inserted in the buffer. If I do the same thing in
> ox-latex.el:org-latex-keyword function,
> it does work. Any idea why ?

You need to set `ad-return-value' somewhere, don't you?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 18:55       ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-05-06 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Since it is back-end dependent, why don't you use:
>
>   #+latex: \bibliography{...}\bibilographystyle{...}
>
> instead?

To avoid duplication.

Org-bibtex/reftex need the line:

#+bibliography: foo plain

> You need to set `ad-return-value' somewhere, don't you?

:-) This is what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Fabrice

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-06 18:59         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-06 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

>> Since it is back-end dependent, why don't you use:
>>
>>   #+latex: \bibliography{...}\bibilographystyle{...}
>>
>> instead?
>>

> To avoid duplication.
>
> Org-bibtex/reftex need the line:
>

> #+bibliography: foo plain

OK. Then, it may indeed be wise to support #+bibliography in latex
back-end. My only concern is about users expecting the keyword to be
recognized in other back-ends.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-07  5:37           ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-07  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> My only concern is about users expecting the keyword to be
> recognized in other back-ends.

Yes please. I am waiting for something that will export bibtex to
html. With the old exporter, org-exp-bibtex used bibtex2html to
achieve it. But nothing similar is possible with the new exporter.

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-07 16:48             ` Nicolas Goaziou
                                 ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-07 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

>> My only concern is about users expecting the keyword to be
>> recognized in other back-ends.
>
> Yes please. I am waiting for something that will export bibtex to
> html. With the old exporter, org-exp-bibtex used bibtex2html to
> achieve it. But nothing similar is possible with the new exporter.

I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
export framework. Would you mind testing it?

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: ox-bibtex.el --]

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09  7:58               ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-09  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > Yes please. I am waiting for something that will export bibtex to
> > html. With the old exporter, org-exp-bibtex used bibtex2html to
> > achieve it. But nothing similar is possible with the new exporter.
>
> I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
> export framework. Would you mind testing it?

A big thank you!

Here is a quick comment. More to follow.

If an org file, say temp.org, refers to a bibtex file called foo.bib,
ox-bibtex creates two files: foo.html and foo_bib.html. I suggest that
these be named foo_temp.html and foo_temp_bib.html. Since there may be
multiple org files in a project linking to the same bibtex file, the
present implementation would cause a problem.

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09  9:28               ` Vikas Rawal
                                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-09  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
> export framework. Would you mind testing it?

I am attaching my test files. I have following problems.

1. When I use limit:t, I get an error: if: Executing bibtex2html failed

2. The bibliography is inserted in the exported html file above
the main body of org file as well as below the main body of the org
file. Am I doing something silly?

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09  9:43                 ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode

> > I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
> > export framework. Would you mind testing it?
>
> A big thank you!
>
> Here is a quick comment. More to follow.
>
> If an org file, say temp.org, refers to a bibtex file called foo.bib,
> ox-bibtex creates two files: foo.html and foo_bib.html. I suggest that
> these be named foo_temp.html and foo_temp_bib.html. Since there may be
> multiple org files in a project linking to the same bibtex file, the
> present implementation would cause a problem.

Sorry, this problem will perhaps be relevant only when ox-bibtex is
being used with limit:t, so that only cited references would show up
on each page. Since limit:t is not yet working for me, I am unable to
test it.

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09  9:44                 ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-09  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode

> I am attaching my test files. I have following problems.

Sorry, forgot to attach my files. Here they are.

Vikas

[-- Attachment #2: banking2.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 573 bytes --]

#+TITLE: Statistics on Indian Economy and Society
#+LINK_UP: data.html
#+LINK_HOME: index.html
#+HTML_HEAD:    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/worg.css" />
#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: bibliobase plain

* Introductory notes on sources of data

Data on banking are primarily available from the Reserve Bank of
India. There are three major sources of data:

1. Basic Statistical Returns of Scheduled Commercial Banks in India
2. Statistical Tables Relating to Banks in India
3. Trend and Progress of Banking in India. \cite{ramakumar2011}

[-- Attachment #3: bibliobase.bib --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 18833 bytes --]

% This file was created with JabRef 2.7b.
% Encoding: UTF-8

@BOOK{acharyawages1988,
  title = {Agricultural wages in India: A disaggregated analysis},
  publisher = {Center for Asian Development Studies, Boston University},
  year = {1988},
  author = {Acharya, S.}
}

@TECHREPORT{RePEc:iim:iimawp:wp01456,
  author = {Bhattacharjee, Sourindra and Desai, B M and Naik, Gopal},
  title = {Viability of Rural Banking by The Nationalized Commercial Banks in
	India},
  institution = {Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication
	Department},
  type = {IIMA Working Papers},
  number = {WP1997-07-01_01456},
  abstract = {This paper examines the viability of rural banking by the Nationalized
	Commercial Banks and the factors influencing it. The viability was
	examined using both cost and profitability analyses. Theory of costs
	is used for the former, while multi-variate econometric model is
	formulated for the latter. Factors influencing viability in both
	the analysis are classified into innovative and non-innovative based
	on unique characteristics of rural banking in India. The results
	show that rural banking is viable and it could be further improved
	by reaping scale economies rather than raising interest rate. But
	this would require more decentralized, autonomous and accountable
	form of rural banking.},
  url = {http://ideas.repec.org/p/iim/iimawp/wp01456.html}
}

@ARTICLE{chavangender2008,
  author = {Chavan, P.},
  title = {Gender Inequality in Banking Services},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2008},
  pages = {18--21},
  publisher = {JSTOR}
}

@ARTICLE{chavancredit2007,
  author = {Chavan, P.},
  title = {Access to Bank Credit: Implications for Dalit Rural Households},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2007},
  pages = {3219--3224},
}

@ARTICLE{chavanbanking2005,
  author = {Chavan, P.},
  title = {How'Inclusive'Are Banks under Financial Liberalisation?},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2005},
  pages = {4647--4649},
}

@ARTICLE{chavanwages2006,
  author = {Chavan, P. and Bedamatta, R.},
  title = {Trends in agricultural wages in India 1964-65 to 1999-2000},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2006},
  pages = {4041-4051},
}

@ARTICLE{chavanmicrocredit2009,
  author = {Chavan, P. and Birajdar, B.},
  title = {Micro finance and financial inclusion of women: An evaluation},
  journal = {Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers},
  year = {2009},
  volume = {30},
  pages = {109-129},
  number = {2},
}

@ARTICLE{chavanmicrocredit2002,
  author = {Chavan, P. and Ramakumar, R.},
  title = {Micro-credit and rural poverty: An analysis of empirical evidence},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2002},
  pages = {955-965},
}

@ARTICLE{gaihawages1997,
  author = {Gaiha, R.},
  title = {Do rural public works influence agricultural wages? The case of the
	employment guarantee scheme in India},
  journal = {Oxford Development Studies},
  year = {1997},
  volume = {25},
  pages = {301--314},
  number = {3},
  publisher = {Taylor \& Francis}
}

@ARTICLE{josewages1988,
  author = {Jose, AV},
  title = {Agricultural wages in India},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {1988},
  pages = {46--58},
  publisher = {JSTOR}
}

@ARTICLE{lalwages1976,
  author = {Lal, D.},
  title = {Agricultural growth, real wages, and the rural poor in India},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {1976},
  pages = {47--61},
  publisher = {JSTOR}
}

@BOOK{vkr_wagelabour_1995,
  title = {Wage Labour and Unfreedom in Agriculture: An Indian Case Study},
  publisher = {Clarendon Press},
  author = {Ramachandran, V. K.},
  altauthor = {Ramachandran, V. K.}
}

@ARTICLE{ramachandranbanking2002,
  author = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura},
  title = {Rural banking and landless labour households: institutional reform
	and rural credit markets in India},
  journal = {Journal of Agrarian Change},
  year = {2002},
  volume = {2},
  pages = {502--544},
  number = {4},
  publisher = {Wiley Online Library}
}

@BOOK{vkrvrms_andhra_2010,
  title = {Socio-economic Surveys of Three Villages in Andhra Pradesh: A Study
	of Agrarian Relations},
  publisher = {Tulika Books},
  year = {2010},
  author = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura and Rawal, Vikas},
  alteditor = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Rawal, Vikas and Swaminathan, Madhura}
}

@TECHREPORT{vkrmsvr_education_2003,
  author = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura and Rawal, Vikas},
  title = {Barriers to Expansion of Mass Literacy and Primary Schooling in West
	Bengal: Study Based on Primary Data from Selected Villages},
  institution = {Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India},
  year = {2003},
  type = {Working Papers},
  number = {345},
  month = Nov,
  abstract = {This paper examines factors affecting literacy and access to school
	education in West Bengal, India, and reports the results of a binomial
	probit model estimated with primary data from ten villages of West
	Bengal. In the analysis of adult literacy, the significant variables
	were sex, caste and occupational status and village location. In
	the probit results for educational achievements of children of ages
	6 to 16 years in the same villages, however, occupational status
	was not statistically significant. In contemporary West Bengal, we
	argue, class barriers to school attendance have become less significant;
	other features of educational deprivation persist. [Working Paper
	345]},
  keywords = {Education; literacy; India; West Bengal},
  url = {http://ideas.repec.org/p/ess/wpaper/id3174.html}
}

@TECHREPORT{RePEc:ind:cdswpp:323,
  author = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura and Rawal, Vikas},
  title = {How have hired workers fared? A case study of women workers from
	an Indian village, 1977 to 1999},
  institution = {Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India},
  year = {2001},
  type = {Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers},
  number = {323},
  month = Dec,
  abstract = {This paper examines certain aspects of employment among women workers
	in hired labour households, drawing on two surveys of Gokilapuram,
	a village in south-west Tamil Nadu, India, conducted in 1977 and
	1999. The study finds that, first, work participation rates among
	women were high. Secondly, a woman was able to gain employment in
	1999, on average, for only about six months a year. Thirdly, there
	was a distinct shift between 1977 and 1999 in the composition of
	total employment available to women Fourthly, while the real wage
	rate for women at cash-paid, daily-rated crop operations rose significantly
	between 1977 and 1999, the gender gap in wages widened.},
  keywords = {women; agriculture; wages; work participation rate; Asia; India},
  url = {http://ideas.repec.org/p/ind/cdswpp/323.html}
}

@ARTICLE{ramakumarinvestment2012,
  author = {Ramakumar, R.},
  title = {Large-scale Investments in Agriculture in India},
  journal = {IDS Bulletin},
  year = {2012},
  volume = {43},
  pages = {92--103},
  abstract = {Public investment in agriculture has significant poverty-reducing
	effects. This article attempts to analyse trends in agricultural
	investments in India between the 1950s and the 2000s. It argues that
	public investment and expenditure on agriculture in India have grown
	only slowly and have not decisively increased even after more than
	60 years of independence. While public capital formation and expenditure
	do show a moderate rise in the 2000s, a revival of India's agricultural
	growth requires a far greater thrust to public spending. Major and
	medium irrigation projects require special attention, as irrigation
	is instrumental not just in raising yields, but also the number of
	days of employment for labourers. Increasing public investment in
	agricultural research and extension is central to bridging the yield
	gap that persists. Formal credit flows to agriculture have to specifically
	target small and marginal farmers, and emphasis should move away
	from generating agricultural growth by channelling credit to agri-business
	firms and corporate players in agriculture. If India's second green
	revolution has to contribute to an accelerated reduction of poverty,
	hunger and malnourishment, it undoubtedly has to be a state-led project.},
  doi = {10.1111/j.1759-5436.2012.00351.x},
  issn = {1759-5436},
  publisher = {Blackwell Publishing Ltd},
  url = {http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1759-5436.2012.00351.x}
}

@ARTICLE{ramakumar2011,
  author = {R. Ramakumar and Pallavi Chavan},
  title = {Changes in the Number of Rural Bank Branches in India, 1991 to 2008},
  journal = {Review of Agrarian Studies (RAS)},
  year = {2011},
  volume = {1},
  pages = {141-148},
  number = {1},
  month = {January-June},
  abstract = {No abstract is available for this item.},
  url = {http://ras.org.in/changes_in_the_number_of_rural_bank_branches_in_india_1991_to_2008}
}

@ARTICLE{ramkumar2007,
  author = {Ramkaumar, R and Chavan, Pallavi},
  title = {Revival of Agricultural Credit in the 2000s: An Explanation},
  journal = {Economic and Political Weekly},
  year = {2007},
  volume = {42},
  pages = {57-64},
  number = {52},
  owner = {vikas},
  timestamp = {2012.11.13}
}

@ARTICLE{vikaseducation2011,
  author = {Vikas Rawal},
  title = {Statistics on Elementary School Education in Rural India},
  journal = {Review of Agrarian Studies (RAS)},
  year = {2011},
  volume = {1},
  pages = {179-201},
  number = {2},
  month = {July-Dece},
  abstract = {No abstract is available for this item.},
  keywords = {education; schooling infrastructure; India; educational statistics;
	school enrolment},
  url = {http://ras.org.in/statistics_on_elementary_school_education_in_rural_india}
}

@ARTICLE{vikasland2001,
  author = {Rawal, Vikas},
  title = {Agrarian Reform and Land Markets: A Study of Land Transactions in
	Two Villages of West Bengal, 1977-1995},
  journal = {Economic Development and Cultural Change},
  year = {2001},
  volume = {49},
  pages = {611-29},
  number = {3},
  month = {April},
  abstract = {No abstract is available for this item.},
  url = {http://ideas.repec.org/a/ucp/ecdecc/v49y2001i3p611-29.html}
}

@ARTICLE{vikasmscasteinequality2011,
  author = {Rawal, Vikas and Swaminathan, Madhura},
  title = {Income Inequality and Caste in Village India},
  journal = {Review of Agrarian Studies (RAS)},
  year = {2011},
  volume = {1},
  pages = {108-133},
  number = {2},
  month = {July-Dece},
  abstract = {In this paper, we examine inequality in incomes between households
	of different castes in rural India, using a unique dataset comprising
	household data from a cross-section of eight villages across four
	States. The focus of this paper is on Dalit or Scheduled Caste households.
	We begin with very simple measures of differences between groups,
	such as proportional representation in different quintiles and the
	frequency distribution of households across income levels in different
	social groups. We then estimate a standard GE(2) inequality index
	along with its decomposition by caste. Lastly, we compute an alternative
	benchmark for assessing the share of between-group inequality in
	total inequality as suggested by Elbers, Lanjouw, Mistiaen, and Ozler
	(ELMO 2008). Our analysis shows high levels of income inequality
	between households of different caste groups.},
  keywords = {income; between-group inequality; caste; India; village},
  url = {http://ras.org.in/income_inequality_and_caste_in_village_india}
}

@TECHREPORT{manualbanking2007,
  author = {RBI},
  title = {MANUAL ON FINANCIAL AND BANKING STATISTICS},
  institution = {Reserve Bank of India},
  year = {2007},
  month = {March},
  owner = {vikas},
  timestamp = {2012.11.13},
  url = {http://mospi.nic.in/Mospi_New/upload/financial_and_bank.pdf}
}

@BOOK{book:778934,
  title = {Proofiness: The Dark Arts of Mathematical Deception},
  publisher = {VIKING ADULT},
  year = {2010},
  author = {Charles Seife},
  edition = {1},
  isbn = {0670022160,9780670022168},
  url = {http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E3292D5D0ADED18E750AE52CD810E9DA}
}

@ARTICLE{msvikasbtcotton2011,
  author = {Swaminathan, Madhura and Rawal, Vikas},
  title = {Are there Benefits from the Cultivation of Bt Cotton? A Comment Based
	on Data from a Vidarbha Village},
  journal = {Review of Agrarian Studies (RAS)},
  year = {2011},
  volume = {1},
  pages = {101-124},
  number = {1},
  month = {January-J},
  abstract = {This note examines costs and returns from the cultivation of different
	types of cotton in a rainfed village in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra,
	India. While the pros and cons of GM cotton are extensively debated,
	there are only a few empirical studies on the economic performance
	of Bt cotton, particularly under rainfed conditions. The results
	from a detailed survey of farm business incomes show that Bt cotton
	was a clear leader in terms of production and gross value of output
	when grown as a stand-alone crop. However, on the fields of small
	and marginal farmers, where cotton was usually intercropped with
	sorghum (or other cereals and pulses), the relative income advantage
	of Bt cotton declined. Further, expenditure on chemical pesticides
	was higher for Bt cotton than for other varieties of cotton. Variability
	in production was also higher for Bt cotton than for other types
	of cotton.},
  keywords = {GM; Bt cotton; costs of cultivation; incomes; village; Maharashtra;
	India},
  url = {http://ras.org.in/are_there_benefits_from_the_cultivation_of_bt_cotton_a_comment_based_on_data_from_a_vidarbha_village}
}

@ARTICLE{msvr_inequality_2011,
  author = {Swaminathan, Madhura and Rawal, Vikas},
  title = {Is India Really a Country of Low Income-Inequality? Observations
	from Eight Villages},
  journal = {Review of Agrarian Studies (RAS)},
  year = {2011},
  volume = {1},
  pages = {1-22},
  number = {1},
  month = {January-J},
  abstract = {There is a misconception in the literature that income distribution
	in India is less unequal than, for instance, in China or the countries
	of Latin America. This misconception is based on a comparison of
	like with unlike. Studies of income distribution for most countries
	are based � as they should be � on household income data, while corresponding
	studies of income distribution for India are based on household consumption
	expenditure data, and it is well known that consumption expenditure,
	by its very nature, is less unequally distributed than income. This
	paper examines levels of household income inequality in rural India
	using data from in-depth village surveys conducted in eight villages
	from four States of the country. Although the data-set is relatively
	small, the exercise is rather unique because of the lack of regular
	survey data on household incomes for rural India. The Gini coefficient
	is used as a summary measure of income inequality. Our estimates
	show high values of the Gini (close to 0.60) in these eight villages;
	these are comparable to levels reported for Latin America. Of the
	eight villages, inequality was relatively high in the three canal-irrigated
	villages.},
  keywords = {India; rural; village study; income inequality; Gini coefficient},
  url = {http://ras.org.in/is_india_really_a_country_of_low_income_inequality_observations_from_eight_villages}
}

@TECHREPORT{RePEc:iim:iimawp:wp00248,
  author = {Wadhva, Charan D},
  title = {Rural Banks for Rural Development: The Indian Experiment},
  institution = {Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication
	Department},
  type = {IIMA Working Papers},
  number = {WP1977-08-01_00248},
  abstract = {The establishment of the new institution of the regional rural banks
	(RRBs) in India since 1975 has aroused a great deal of interest and
	controversy among the policy-makers and observers of the Indian economy.
	The purpose of this paper is to examine the background and salient
	features of the scheme for establishing the RRBs and to evaluate
	their performance. The paper concludes that the RRBs have been set
	up for meeting a distinctive objective and felt need in the area
	of rural credit. They may be identified as the development banks
	of the rural poor in India. These banks have had to work under several
	constraints some of which were totally beyond their control. Due
	credit must be given to the RRBs and their sponsoring banks for having
	achieved some tangible results within a short period of time. The
	paper cites the experience of the working of two RRBs as case studies.
	Based on the experience gained so far, this paper presents a case
	for reorganizing the working of the RRBs along certain lines for
	strengthening their role so that they can achieve the objectives
	for which they have been set up.},
  url = {http://ideas.repec.org/p/iim/iimawp/wp00248.html}
}

@BOOK{vkrmsbanking2005,
  title = {Financial Liberalisation and Rural Banking in India},
  publisher = {Tulika Books, New Delhi},
  year = {2005},
  editor = {Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura},
  owner = {vikas},
  timestamp = {2012.11.13}
}

@TECHREPORT{rangarajan2001,
  author = {GoI},
  title = {Report of the National Statistical Commission},
  institution = {Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of
	India, New Delhi},
  year = {2001},
  owner = {vikas},
  timestamp = {2012.11.18},
  url = {http://mospi.nic.in/Mospi_New/site/inner.aspx?status=2&menu_id=87}
}

@TECHREPORT{cso2007,
  author = {CSO},
  title = {National Accounts Statistics: Source and Methods},
  institution = {Central Statistical Organisation, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of
	India, New Delhi},
  year = {2007},
  owner = {vikas},
  timestamp = {2012.11.18},
  url = {http://mospi.nic.in/rept%20_%20pubn/ftest.asp?rept_id=nad09_2007&type=NSSO}
}

@TECHREPORT{cso1997,
  author = {CSO},
  title = {Statistical System of India},
  institution = {Central Statistical Organisation, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of
	India, New Delhi},
  year = {1997},
}

@Book{bansil1984,
  author =    {Bansil, P. C.},
  title =        {Agricultural Statistics in India},
  publisher =    {Oxford and IBH Publishers, New Delhi},
  year =         {1984},
}
@TechReport{agriinvest2003,
  author =       {GoI},
  title =        {Report of The Committee on Capital Formation in Agriculture},
  institution =  {Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, New Delhi},
  year =         {2003},
  url = {http://agricoop.nic.in/Capital%20Formation/FinalReport.doc},
  additionalurl = {http://agricoop.nic.in/Capital%20Formation/annexes.xls},
}

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09 13:18               ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-09 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
> export framework. Would you mind testing it?

In the latex export, the bibliography is added before the main content
of the org file. The tex file shows following lines inserted before
the main content rather than after.

*******

\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{foo}

*******

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09 16:03                 ` Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2013-05-09 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

>> I attach a port of org-exp-bibtex.el (renamed ox-bibtex.el) for the new
>> export framework. Would you mind testing it?
>>

> I am attaching my test files. I have following problems.
>
> 1. When I use limit:t, I get an error: if: Executing bibtex2html failed

For this, maybe you are getting the error mentioned in the page
https://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/bibtex2html/, in the paragraph starting
"Note for Mac OSX users:". I am using Ubuntu Precise, not OSX, and
TeXlive 2012, not 2010, and I got the "Executing bibtex2html failed"
when testing this also (even without limit:t). The only way I can
imagine to work around was to first run the recommended 'export
TMPDIR=.' in a terminal, and then 'emacs' in the same terminal. I wish I
knew a cleaner way to do that, since I imagine it would not be wise to
put 'export TMPDIR=.' in .bashrc.

However, the exported html file does not include any bibliograpy at
all. :(

> 2. The bibliography is inserted in the exported html file above
> the main body of org file as well as below the main body of the org
> file. Am I doing something silly?
>
> Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09 18:21                 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-09 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> I am attaching my test files. I have following problems.
>
> 1. When I use limit:t, I get an error: if: Executing bibtex2html
> failed

OK, I'll have a look at it.

> 2. The bibliography is inserted in the exported html file above
> the main body of org file as well as below the main body of the org
> file. Am I doing something silly?

Actually, ox-html.el also tries to do something with bibliographies,
which introduces the duplication.

We should decide if the code handling them should be in contrib/ or in
the various export back-ends. Since HTML handling requires external
programs, I lean towards the former.

If we agree, I'll remove the faulty code from ox-html.el and prepare
a new version for ox-bibtex.el.

By the way, where should the bibliography be inserted: at the keyword or
at the end of the document (in both HTML and LaTeX)?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-09 19:23                   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-05-09 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks a lot for taking quickly of this bib issue.

2013/5/9 Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:
>

> > 2. The bibliography is inserted in the exported html file above
> > the main body of org file as well as below the main body of the org
> > file. Am I doing something silly?
>
> Actually, ox-html.el also tries to do something with bibliographies,
> which introduces the duplication.
>
> We should decide if the code handling them should be in contrib/ or in
> the various export back-ends. Since HTML handling requires external
> programs, I lean towards the former.

I would tend to agree.

> If we agree, I'll remove the faulty code from ox-html.el and prepare
> a new version for ox-bibtex.el.
>
> By the way, where should the bibliography be inserted: at the keyword or
> at the end of the document (in both HTML and LaTeX)?

At the keyword IMHO.

 Fabrice

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-10  2:56                   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-10  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Actually, ox-html.el also tries to do something with bibliographies,
> which introduces the duplication.
>
> We should decide if the code handling them should be in contrib/ or in
> the various export back-ends. Since HTML handling requires external
> programs, I lean towards the former.

I agree. Better to keep it separately in contrib/

> If we agree, I'll remove the faulty code from ox-html.el and prepare
> a new version for ox-bibtex.el.

+1 from me.

> By the way, where should the bibliography be inserted: at the keyword or
> at the end of the document (in both HTML and LaTeX)?

at the keyword please.

Thanks again,

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-10 11:51                   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-10 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> For this, maybe you are getting the error mentioned in the page
> https://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/bibtex2html/, in the paragraph starting
> "Note for Mac OSX users:". I am using Ubuntu Precise, not OSX, and
> TeXlive 2012, not 2010, and I got the "Executing bibtex2html failed"
> when testing this also (even without limit:t).

I have debian and Texlive 2012. org-bibtex.el/bibtex2html work for
me except when I use limit:t.

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-10 11:54                   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-10 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> "Note for Mac OSX users:". I am using Ubuntu Precise, not OSX, and
> TeXlive 2012, not 2010, and I got the "Executing bibtex2html failed"
> when testing this also (even without limit:t). The only way I can
> imagine to work around was to first run the recommended 'export
> TMPDIR=.' in a terminal, and then 'emacs' in the same terminal. I wish I
> knew a cleaner way to do that, since I imagine it would not be wise to
> put 'export TMPDIR=.' in .bashrc.

This may be the cleaner solution:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-11/msg00164.html

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-12  3:55                     ` Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2013-05-12  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

>> "Note for Mac OSX users:". I am using Ubuntu Precise, not OSX, and
>> TeXlive 2012, not 2010, and I got the "Executing bibtex2html failed"
>> when testing this also (even without limit:t). The only way I can
>> imagine to work around was to first run the recommended 'export
>> TMPDIR=.' in a terminal, and then 'emacs' in the same terminal. I wish I
>> knew a cleaner way to do that, since I imagine it would not be wise to
>> put 'export TMPDIR=.' in .bashrc.
>
> This may be the cleaner solution:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-11/msg00164.html

Thanks for your followup! In my case, though, Emacs can find the
executable of bibtex2html. However, another message in the thread you
mentioned together with some googling led me to adding 'TEXMFOUTPUT =
/tmp' to /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf, and now I can reproduce your
results, namely, without limit:t, the bibliography in the html export
appears twice and with it, I get "Executing bibtex2html failed".

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-12 12:57                     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-12 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

>> Actually, ox-html.el also tries to do something with bibliographies,
>> which introduces the duplication.
>>
>> We should decide if the code handling them should be in contrib/ or in
>> the various export back-ends. Since HTML handling requires external
>> programs, I lean towards the former.
>
> I agree. Better to keep it separately in contrib/
>
>> If we agree, I'll remove the faulty code from ox-html.el and prepare
>> a new version for ox-bibtex.el.
>
> +1 from me.
>
>> By the way, where should the bibliography be inserted: at the keyword or
>> at the end of the document (in both HTML and LaTeX)?
>
> at the keyword please.

Here's a new take on the problem. You need to use latest maint (or
master) revision. What do you think?

I'm Cc'ing Taru Karttunen, the "org-exp-bibtex.el" author, to know if he
agrees with the changes.

Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: ox-bibtex.el --]

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-12 23:56                       ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-12 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> >> By the way, where should the bibliography be inserted: at the keyword or
> >> at the end of the document (in both HTML and LaTeX)?
> >
> > at the keyword please.
>
> Here's a new take on the problem. You need to use latest maint (or
> master) revision. What do you think?

This works fine except that I can't place it at the keyword. How does
one do it? I thought having a line say [BIBLIOGRAPHY] would work but
it does not.

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-13  0:49                         ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-13  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode

> This works fine except that I can't place it at the keyword. How does
> one do it? I thought having a line say [BIBLIOGRAPHY] would work but
> it does not.

Figured it myself.

Placing the line '#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: blah blah...' at the right place did
it.

Thanks again,

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-14  9:06                           ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-05-14  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

It defnitely helps a lot with Org->LaTeX files (scientific papers).
There is one thing that is not taken into account  and I wonder if there
is an Org solution for it.
In laTeX you can use \cite{foo1999, foo2002} . I don't think that
current links in Org allow this and I don't see an easy way for it.
In Org, you would have [[bibtex:foo1999]][[bibtex:foo2002]] .
May be the exporter for bibtex links should look around and merge
other links found.

Fabrice

Could it be possible to allow [[bibtex:foo1999, foo2002]]

--
Fabrice Popineau
-----------------------------

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-16 16:12                       ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-16 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > at the keyword please.
>
> Here's a new take on the problem. You need to use latest maint (or
> master) revision. What do you think?

I have been trying ox-bibtex.el. One problem I have is that the
\cite{key} does not put a number with a link to the citation, but puts
[key] in place of the number.

I have tried different styles, but nothing seems to work.

See, for example, http://www.indianstatistics.org/education.html.
\cite{vikaseducation2011} shows up as [vikaseducation2011] instead of
[1].

Any idea why this is happening?

Vikas

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-16 17:44                         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-16 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> I have been trying ox-bibtex.el. One problem I have is that the
> \cite{key} does not put a number with a link to the citation, but puts
> [key] in place of the number.
>
> I have tried different styles, but nothing seems to work.
>
> See, for example, http://www.indianstatistics.org/education.html.
> \cite{vikaseducation2011} shows up as [vikaseducation2011] instead of
> [1].
>
> Any idea why this is happening?

Yes: code typo. Here's an update.

Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: ox-bibtex.el --]

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-16 17:47                             ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-16 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> It defnitely helps a lot with Org->LaTeX files (scientific papers).
> There is one thing that is not taken into account  and I wonder if there
> is an Org solution for it.
> In laTeX you can use \cite{foo1999, foo2002} . I don't think that
> current links in Org allow this and I don't see an easy way for it.
> In Org, you would have [[bibtex:foo1999]][[bibtex:foo2002]] .
> May be the exporter for bibtex links should look around and merge
> other links found.
>
> Fabrice
>

> Could it be possible to allow [[bibtex:foo1999, foo2002]]

No, it's not possible (what would be the destination of such link
anyway?). Though, the current implementation of ox-bibtex.el (latest
posted in this thread) should split

  \cite{foo1999, foo2002}

into:

Isn't it the correct behaviour?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2013-05-17  0:37                           ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-05-17  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > See, for example, http://www.indianstatistics.org/education.html.
> > \cite{vikaseducation2011} shows up as [vikaseducation2011] instead of
> > [1].
> >
> > Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Yes: code typo. Here's an update.
Thanks.