* Angular brackets break LaTex environment in html-export
@ 2014-01-14 19:00 Axel
From: Axel @ 2014-01-14 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

When I use angular brackets in a LaTeX environment, sometimes they break
the mathjax-rendering when exported to html/Rhtml (See example below).
Export into LaTeX-pdf works fine in all cases, but export into html
fails without whitespaces. Is this due to interference with the
timestamps in org-mode?

* heading

\( <R^2> \sim t \)

\( < R^2 > \sim t \)

\[ \left<R^2\right> \sim t \]

\[ \left< R^2 \right> \sim t \]

-8<---------------cut here---------------end------------->8---

Cheers
Axel

* Re: Angular brackets break LaTex environment in html-export
@ 2014-01-14 19:45 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-01-14 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Axel <axel.krinner@tu-dresden.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I use angular brackets in a LaTeX environment, sometimes they break
> the mathjax-rendering when exported to html/Rhtml (See example below).
> Export into LaTeX-pdf works fine in all cases, but export into html
> fails without whitespaces. Is this due to interference with the
> timestamps in org-mode?

No, it's a mathjax limitation: see

   http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#tex-and-latex-in-html-documents

> * heading
>
> \( <R^2> \sim t \)
>
> \( < R^2 > \sim t \)
>
> \[ \left<R^2\right> \sim t \]
>
> \[ \left< R^2 \right> \sim t \]
>

> Cheers
> Axel

Nick

* Re: Angular brackets break LaTex environment in html-export
@ 2014-01-14 23:58 ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2014-01-14 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
** Axel [2014-01-14 20:00:58 +0100]:

> Hi,

> When I use angular brackets in a LaTeX environment, sometimes they break the
> mathjax-rendering when exported to html/Rhtml (See example below). Export
> into LaTeX-pdf works fine in all cases, but export into html fails without
> whitespaces. Is this due to interference with the timestamps in org-mode?

> * heading

> \( <R^2> \sim t \)

> \( < R^2 > \sim t \)

> \[ \left<R^2\right> \sim t \]

> \[ \left< R^2 \right> \sim t \]

Did you try to use \langle and \rangle instead of < and >? IMO, use of
< and > only "possible" in relations.

> Cheers
> Axel

---