* How to obtain the list of files included in HTML export?
@ 2015-02-12 23:25 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-02-12 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there again,

the subject pretty much says it all.  Apart from the HTML file itself
there might be inlined images and bitmaps of equations.  Since I'd like
to make my customized exporter create a self-contained zip file, I need
the list of all files comprising the generated web page.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: How to obtain the list of files included in HTML export?
@ 2015-02-12 23:48 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-02-12 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/ox-archive.el

you can see how I have done something like this for emailing and
creating zip files. It might give you some hints that help your case.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: How to obtain the list of files included in HTML export?
@ 2015-02-13  8:46 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-02-13  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> the subject pretty much says it all.  Apart from the HTML file itself
> there might be inlined images and bitmaps of equations.  Since I'd
> like to make my customized exporter create a self-contained zip file,
> I need the list of all files comprising the generated web page.

Don't forget about CSS (and what about if CSS is on some remote server:
do you take a copy of it?) and, worse of all, external elements of CSS
(such as: <LI> bullets replaced by a GIF file)...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to obtain the list of files included in HTML export?
@ 2015-02-26  0:39 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-02-26  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-02-13, at 00:25, Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hi there again,

...and again.

> the subject pretty much says it all.  Apart from the HTML file itself
> there might be inlined images and bitmaps of equations.  Since I'd like
> to make my customized exporter create a self-contained zip file, I need
> the list of all files comprising the generated web page.

So, the question remains.  It's even (a bit) more tricky: if I exported
only one file, I could just take the list of all files in the target
directory.  However, (i) it is possible that I'll have some included
images (not generated), and they should also be included in the list,
and (ii) I'll export /a few/ files, and it would be handier if they
could all be exported to one directory.  In that case, however, the list
of the files in that directory will include files for more than one
export.

> Best,

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski               This email was proudly sent
http://mbork.pl                from my Emacs.

* Re: How to obtain the list of files included in HTML export?
@ 2015-02-26  1:35   ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2015-02-26  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:

> On 2015-02-13, at 00:25, Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi there again,
>
> ...and again.
>
>> the subject pretty much says it all.  Apart from the HTML file itself
>> there might be inlined images and bitmaps of equations.  Since I'd like
>> to make my customized exporter create a self-contained zip file, I need
>> the list of all files comprising the generated web page.
>
> So, the question remains.  It's even (a bit) more tricky: if I exported
> only one file, I could just take the list of all files in the target
> directory.  However, (i) it is possible that I'll have some included
> images (not generated), and they should also be included in the list,
> and (ii) I'll export /a few/ files, and it would be handier if they
> could all be exported to one directory.  In that case, however, the list
> of the files in that directory will include files for more than one
> export.

wget works well for this sort of thing, the downside being that it
doesn't understand file schemes, so you would have run a web server to
serve the directory over http then you could use wget to download a
directory with just the required files. If you already have a web
server that you can access conveniently this may be a viable option

Best,
Ista

@ 2015-02-26 11:57     ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-02-26 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-02-26, at 02:35, Ista Zahn <istazahn@gmail.com> wrote:

> wget works well for this sort of thing, the downside being that it
> doesn't understand file schemes, so you would have run a web server to
> serve the directory over http then you could use wget to download a
> directory with just the required files. If you already have a web
> server that you can access conveniently this may be a viable option

Thanks for the suggestion – it's actually a nice idea – but what
I really prefer is a pure Elisp solution.

> Best,
> Ista

Best,

--

@ 2015-03-08  0:56   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-03-08  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-02-13, at 00:48, John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> In https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/ox-archive.el
>
> you can see how I have done something like this for emailing and
> creating zip files. It might give you some hints that help your case.

Thanks a lot!  (And sorry for the delay, I had a break with that
project.)

The main problem seems to be that I'm not sure whether what I think is
exhaustive.  Do I get it correctly that if I want to make a standalone
archive from an (exported to html) org file, I need to include:

- css (and related stuff),
- inlined images (your code seems to cover this),
- and most importantly, dvipng/imagemagick-generated bitmaps of
  equations (if not using MathJax).

Did I forget about something?  If not, things seem straightforward:
I just have to deal with two kinds of things (css is "constant").

If yes, what did I miss?

Best,
Marcin