On Monday, 2 Nov 2015 at 15:37, Ian Barton wrote: > Next year our mountaineering club has its 50th anniversary. On the > 21st anniversary we published a book of articles written by members of > the club. [...] > However, as a Latex > neophyte I was wondering which of the several Latex packages would be > suitable. The book class may be enough for you. In org, it is trivial to use. Simply put the line #+latex_class: book in your org file and export to pdf (C-c C-e l p). Top level headlines are parts, second level headlines are chapters, third level headlines are section headings, etc. I've attached a very small org file and the resulting PDF. If you need to customise the output, you can look at the settings of org-latex-classes. If you have any specific needs, just ask here! -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-209-gba4d33