* Ignoring all org-mode headings to export beamer slides with no titles
@ 2016-04-03 10:30 Rob Stewart
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Rob Stewart @ 2016-04-03 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I like presentation zen, where less is more. I would like to export my
org-mode files as beamer slides, but have the heading title ignored so
as not to position a title at the top left of the each slide.

I can do it on a per-slide basis with:

** My slide title
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_ENV: fullframe
:END:

Is there a way of applying this rule to every slide, without having to
add this :PROPERTIES: section beneath every heading in my org file?

Rob

* Re: Ignoring all org-mode headings to export beamer slides with no titles
@ 2016-04-03 11:36 ` Rasmus
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rasmus @ 2016-04-03 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rob Stewart <robstewart57@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I like presentation zen, where less is more. I would like to export my
> org-mode files as beamer slides, but have the heading title ignored so
> as not to position a title at the top left of the each slide.
>
> I can do it on a per-slide basis with:
>
> ** My slide title
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_ENV: fullframe
> :END:
>
> Is there a way of applying this rule to every slide, without having to
> add this :PROPERTIES: section beneath every heading in my org file?

You could add a filter that adds this property to every headline of the
correct level.

Or hack it on the latex side

#+latex_header: \let\oldframe\frame
#+latex_header: \renewcommand\frame[1][fullframe]{\oldframe[#1]}

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

* Re: Ignoring all org-mode headings to export beamer slides with no titles
@ 2016-04-03 11:47 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-04-03 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Stewart; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday,  3 Apr 2016 at 11:30, Rob Stewart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like presentation zen, where less is more. I would like to export my
> org-mode files as beamer slides, but have the heading title ignored so
> as not to position a title at the top left of the each slide.

I don't know if there is an org way of achieving what you want (others
will hopefully answer).  The alternative is to create your own beamer
style which ignores the frame title.  What beamer style are you using?
Or maybe one already exists out in the wild...

Depending on the beamer style you are using, the following line, added
to your org file just before the first slide *might* do the trick...

#+latex: \renewcommand<>{\frametitle}[1]{\gdef\insertframetitle{}}
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-668-g809a83

* Re: Ignoring all org-mode headings to export beamer slides with no titles
@ 2016-04-03 12:11   ` Rob Stewart
From: Rob Stewart @ 2016-04-03 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for the tip. In the absence of an org mode solution to this,
adding the following to the top of my org file is a solution:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \setbeamertemplate{frametitle}{}

--
Rob

@ 2016-04-03 12:24 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-04-03 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Stewart; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday,  3 Apr 2016 at 11:30, Rob Stewart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like presentation zen, where less is more. I would like to export my

Alternatively, there is a good more general LaTeX solution for minimal
styling at

https://www.quora.com/Presentations-What-are-the-best-beamer-themes

which you can incorporate into org by specifying

#+beamer_theme:

(i.e. no theme at all) and then a LaTeX block with the code given on
that page, inserted before the first slide.

Very zen... :-)
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-668-g809a83

* Re: Ignoring all org-mode headings to export beamer slides with no titles
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-04-03 13:19 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-04-03 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Stewart; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rob Stewart <robstewart57@gmail.com> writes:

> I like presentation zen, where less is more. I would like to export my
> org-mode files as beamer slides, but have the heading title ignored so
> as not to position a title at the top left of the each slide.
>
> I can do it on a per-slide basis with:
>
> ** My slide title
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_ENV: fullframe
> :END:
>
> Is there a way of applying this rule to every slide, without having to
> add this :PROPERTIES: section beneath every heading in my org file?

You can use #+PROPERTY beamer_env fullframe, if beamer_env allows
inheritance. See (info "(org) Property inheritance").

Nicolas Goaziou