On Monday, 19 Feb 2018 at 12:29, Julius Dittmar wrote: [...] > This does not really mean cutting on both ends, at least not more than > org already does. Org already does add or subtract leading or trailing > whitespace as needed. The change I'd love would spell something like > "first remove all whitespace, then cut (at the end) to length if needed, > and then add whitespace to archieve the defined alignment". Actually, I would be happy with simply removing leading whitespace before truncating to fit the shrunken width... I am not actually bothered about the alignment when columns are shrunk; it's about information content rather than style as my use case is for tables that are too wide for the working comfortably with the current window width. thanks, eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-352-g92176c