Dear John, I am happy to tell you that your scimax [[https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax ]] is a wonderful tool for emacs, for org-mode and for exporting in LaTeX with references. I advice strongly its use. I am using Gnus and not mu4e to write emails and it works well now thanks of the help of Eric Fraga. This email is just about a detail. I guess it would be possible in theory to get the bibliography style that I want in email as well as in any other exported document, but it is not the case for the html export and therefore not for html email in Gnus. It is too bad, because apalike for example is a good option that avoids Jan von Plato's reproach [[#vonplato2017][vonplato2017]]: #+BEGIN_QUOTE A great disservice is being done to scholarship by the reference system prevalent today that has running numbers, usually in square brackets, for the items in the references. The defects of this system are twofold. First, it is enormously disturbing for the reader to be constantly checking the list of references to see what article or book is being referred to. The reader’s memory is burdened with information that has no meaning elsewhere. Second, the awareness of who did what and when is eroded little by little. If we read Gödel (1931) or Gentzen (1936), we know what that is, contrary to a plain [104] and [90], say, and similarly with hundreds of other works. Such couplings of names and years give us a timeline that is indispensable for an awareness of the development of logic or any other part of science. The thoughtless “bibtex” square bracket numbering system of references is destroying such awareness and should therefore be universally abandoned. It has just one, totally inessential advantage: that it saves some space. In a standard article, that may be a few lines, and in a book, a page or two. #+END_QUOTE So, do you think that it is possible to adopt the apalike bibliography style in html document also? Best wishes, Jo. * Bibliography ** Jan von Plato - {The Great Formal Machinery Works: Theories of Deduction and Computation at the Origins of the Digital Age} :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: vonplato2017 :=TYPE=: book :=KEY=: vonplato2017 :TITLE: {{The Great Formal Machinery Works: Theories of Deduction and Computation at the Origins of the Digital Age}} :AUTHOR: {Jan von Plato} :PUBLISHER: {Princeton University Press} :ISBN: {0691174172,9780691174174} :YEAR: {2017} :ADDRESS: {Princeton} :SERIES: {} :EDITION: {} :VOLUME: {} :URL: {http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=78f2ef1addf9a3993f5601b9b4d6b5ba} :END: