* Bulk re-scheduling in agenda view
@ 2018-02-12  3:02 Michael Hoffman
From: Michael Hoffman @ 2018-02-12  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am bulk re-scheduling items in an agenda view. I would like all the
selected items to be re-scheduled to a year later from their current
scheduled date. The org manual
<https://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html> seems to indicate this
is possible using double plus:

 > Schedule all items to a new date. To shift existing schedule dates by
 > a fixed number of days, use something starting with double plus at the
 > prompt, for example ‘++8d’ or ‘++2w’.

When I try this, however, I always get re-scheduling from the current
date. I am using Org mode version 9.1.6 (9.1.6-48-gfe7619-elpa). Here's
how to reproduce:

1. Create minimal.org.el:

(setq debug-on-error t
       debug-on-signal nil
       debug-on-quit nil)
(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/Users/micha/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180212")

2. emacs.exe -Q -l minimal-org.el

3. Create a test.org buffer:

* TODO Task
   SCHEDULED: <2018-01-01 Mon>

4. Add it to the agenda files list with C-c [.

5. M-x org-agenda RET t results in

Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
Available with ‘N r’: (0)[ALL] (1)TODO (2)DONE
   test:       TODO Task

6. Move down to TODO Task and type m to mark

7. B s (bulk schedule). The minibuffer will state:

(Re)Schedule to Date+time [2018-02-11]: [cursor] => <2018-02-11 Sun>

8. ++1y. The right part of the minibuffer now states

<2019-02-11 Mon>

I expected <2019-01-01 Tue>

9. RET.

The task is now rescheduled to <2019-02-11 Mon> rather than <2019-01-01
Tue> as initially expected.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Michael Hoffman

* Re: Bulk re-scheduling in agenda view
@ 2018-04-26 23:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-26 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hoffman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

Michael Hoffman <gmane4-hoffman@sneakemail.com> writes:

> I am bulk re-scheduling items in an agenda view. I would like all the
> selected items to be re-scheduled to a year later from their current
> scheduled date. The org manual
> <https://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html> seems to indicate
> this is possible using double plus:
>
>> Schedule all items to a new date. To shift existing schedule dates by
>> a fixed number of days, use something starting with double plus at the
>> prompt, for example ‘++8d’ or ‘++2w’.
>
> When I try this, however, I always get re-scheduling from the current
> date.

I cannot reproduce this -- beware that the prompt shows the date as
if it was with only one "+"... but the bulk rescheduling effectively
reschedule entries by adding the number of days to *each* of them.

Can you try with latest Org and report any problem?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bulk re-scheduling in agenda view
@ 2018-04-26 23:48   ` Michael Hoffman
From: Michael Hoffman @ 2018-04-26 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 4/26/2018 7:34 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Michael Hoffman <gmane4-hoffman@sneakemail.com> writes:
>> The org manual
>> <https://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html> seems to indicate
>> this is possible using double plus:
>>
>>> Schedule all items to a new date. To shift existing schedule dates by
>>> a fixed number of days, use something starting with double plus at the
>>> prompt, for example ‘++8d’ or ‘++2w’.
>>
>> When I try this, however, I always get re-scheduling from the current
>> date.
>
> I cannot reproduce this -- beware that the prompt shows the date as
> if it was with only one "+"... but the bulk rescheduling effectively
> reschedule entries by adding the number of days to *each* of them.

Thanks Bastien. I reported this as a bug later and Nicolas Goaziou fixed
it. Works as expected now.

Many thanks for your work on org-mode, an essential part of my daily
workflow.

Michael

* Re: Bulk re-scheduling in agenda view
@ 2018-04-27  0:24     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-27  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hoffman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

Michael Hoffman <gmane4-hoffman@sneakemail.com> writes:

> Thanks Bastien. I reported this as a bug later and Nicolas Goaziou
> fixed it. Works as expected now.

Thanks for confirming!

--
 Bastien