On Friday, 27 Apr 2018 at 01:34, Bastien wrote: [...] > I'd favor a solution where inline tasks are really simple: > > 0. Prevent cycling for tasks with a high number of stars > ("high" being defined by the user as an option). > > 1. Allow TODO keywords, priority, tags, SCHEDULED and DEADLINE > but nothing else. > > 2. Archiving and refiling DTRT. > > 3. ... and we move org-inlinetask.el outside of Org's core. > > ******************** is really too much clutter and we can simplify > things by saying "more than X stars are going to be inline tasks by > default". I agree with all of the above, as somebody who uses inline tasks all the time. I would prefer the syntax to be very simple and would find, for instance, a line starting with optional whitespace and "! " as a task marker, akin to comments. Nicolas proposed !! but I see no need for more than one... Using *s seems confusing as they are intended for headlines. From a font lock point of view, I would have thought that ! at the start of the line would be easier as well. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-474-g92785f