* Agenda follow mode + indirect window settings
@ 2020-11-12  9:07 Gerardo Moro
From: Gerardo Moro @ 2020-11-12  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want my agenda to have follow-mode active when starting Emacs.
I suppose this would do the trick?

(setq org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)
(setq org-agenda-follow-indirect t)

1) Do I need both? I have observed that having only the second one does not
work.
2) Is there a way to make the "indirect" window populate the vertically
existing window (I always work with the frame split in two vertically).
Right now it shows in a very small window beneath the agenda.

Thank you so much,

* Re: Agenda follow mode + indirect window settings
@ 2020-11-17  4:52 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-11-17  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerardo Moro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Gerardo Moro writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want my agenda to have follow-mode active when starting Emacs.
> I suppose this would do the trick?
>
> (setq org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)
> (setq org-agenda-follow-indirect t)
>
> 1) Do I need both? I have observed that having only the second one does not
> work.

The first one causes new agenda buffers to start with
org-agenda-follow-mode enabled.  Even if it's not enabled initially, you
can toggle it with F.

The second is in effect when org-agenda-follow-mode is enabled.

> 2) Is there a way to make the "indirect" window populate the vertically
> existing window (I always work with the frame split in two vertically).
> Right now it shows in a very small window beneath the agenda.

I think with the way things are written at the moment you're best bet
would be to try to rearrange afterwards (say with advice after
org-agenda-tree-to-indirect-buffer).  Ideally the current behavior would
be achieved in a way that would allow the user to control the result
with things like display-buffer-overriding-action and
display-buffer-alist, but I suspect that'd take a substantial rework.

* Re:Re: Agenda follow mode + indirect window settings
@ 2020-11-17  4:56   ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2020-11-17  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: Gerardo Moro, emacs-orgmode

At 2020-11-17 12:52:06, "Kyle Meyer" <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:
>Gerardo Moro writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want my agenda to have follow-mode active when starting Emacs.
>> I suppose this would do the trick?
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)
>> (setq org-agenda-follow-indirect t)
>>
>> 1) Do I need both? I have observed that having only the second one does not
>> work.
>
>The first one causes new agenda buffers to start with
>org-agenda-follow-mode enabled.  Even if it's not enabled initially, you
>can toggle it with F.
>
>The second is in effect when org-agenda-follow-mode is enabled.
>
>> 2) Is there a way to make the "indirect" window populate the vertically
>> existing window (I always work with the frame split in two vertically).
>> Right now it shows in a very small window beneath the agenda.
>
>I think with the way things are written at the moment you're best bet
>would be to try to rearrange afterwards (say with advice after
>org-agenda-tree-to-indirect-buffer).  Ideally the current behavior would
>be achieved in a way that would allow the user to control the result
>with things like display-buffer-overriding-action and
>display-buffer-alist, but I suspect that'd take a substantial rework.

I use the below config, maybe useful...

(define-key org-agenda-mode-map (kbd "SPC") 'eh-org-agenda-show-and-scroll-up)
(define-key org-agenda-mode-map (kbd "<return>") 'eh-org-agenda-show-and-scroll-up)

(defvar eh-org-agenda-show-window-point nil)
(defun eh-org-agenda-show-and-scroll-up (&optional arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((win (selected-window)))
    (if (and (window-live-p org-agenda-show-window)
             (eq this-command last-command))
        (progn
          (select-window org-agenda-show-window)
          (if (eq eh-org-agenda-show-window-point (window-point))
              (progn
                (goto-char (point-min))
                (message "已经滚动到底,返回第一行!"))
            (ignore-errors (scroll-up))
            (setq eh-org-agenda-show-window-point (window-point))))
      (org-agenda-goto t)
      (org-show-entry)
      (let ((org-indirect-buffer-display 'current-window))
        (org-tree-to-indirect-buffer)
        ;; 隐藏 indirect buffer
        (rename-buffer (concat " " (buffer-name))))
      (if arg (org-cycle-hide-drawers 'children)
        (org-with-wide-buffer
         (narrow-to-region (org-entry-beginning-position)
                           (org-entry-end-position))
         (org-show-all '(drawers))))
      (setq org-agenda-show-window (selected-window)))
    (select-window win)))

* Re: Agenda follow mode + indirect window settings
@ 2020-11-17  8:12   ` Gerardo Moro
From: Gerardo Moro @ 2020-11-17  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks a lot for this. Will think about it.

@ 2020-11-17  8:12     ` Gerardo Moro
From: Gerardo Moro @ 2020-11-17  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: Kyle Meyer, emacs-orgmode