* org-store-link does not work in gnus article mode (messages)
@ 2022-01-02  7:38 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-02  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I thought this worked a while ago, but in a gnus article buffer I tried to use org-store-link and received

(Running Emacs Master and org-mode master (some weeks old))

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function org-fixup-message-id-for-http)
  org-fixup-message-id-for-http("8ad92378cff625ebc8020dc45afdaadef484a3a3.camel@web.de")
  org-gnus-article-link("nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.comp.finance.ledger.general" "gmane.comp.finance.ledger.general" "8ad92378cff625ebc8020dc45afdaadef484a3a3.camel@web..." nil)
  org-gnus-store-link()
  org-store-link(nil 1)
  funcall-interactively(org-store-link nil 1)
  call-interactively(org-store-link nil nil)
  command-execute(org-store-link)

* Re: org-store-link does not work in gnus article mode (messages)
@ 2022-01-02 17:05 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2022-01-02 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Hi
>
> I thought this worked a while ago, but in a gnus article buffer I tried to use org-store-link and received
>
> (Running Emacs Master and org-mode master (some weeks old))
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function org-fixup-message-id-for-http)
>   org-fixup-message-id-for-http("8ad92378cff625ebc8020dc45afdaadef484a3a3.camel@web.de")

org-fixup-message-id-for-http was removed from Org before the 9.3
release (more specifically a486d9c, 2019-03-10) so your assumption that
a recent Org is at the front of your load-path is invalid.

* Re: org-store-link does not work in gnus article mode (messages)
@ 2022-01-02 17:43   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode