emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-->html text between @ should be red.
@ 2022-01-15 18:04 Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-15 18:20 ` Timothy
  2022-01-15 18:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-15 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


Hi 

When I use org-mime-htmlize, then I can use the setting 

Render text between "@" in red color, you can use =org-mime-html-hook=,
#+begin_src elisp
(add-hook 'org-mime-html-hook
          (lambda ()
            (while (re-search-forward "@\\([^@]*\\)@" nil t)
              (replace-match "<span style=\"color:red\">\\1</span>"))))
#+end_src

And every text between @ appears red.

Can I have a similar setting when exporting an org file to html via the
«normal» html exporter?

Thanks 

Uwe Brauer 



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 18:04 org-->html text between @ should be red Uwe Brauer
@ 2022-01-15 18:20 ` Timothy
  2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-15 18:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Timothy @ 2022-01-15 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 348 bytes --]

Hi Uwe,

> And every text between @ appears red.
>
> Can I have a similar setting when exporting an org file to html via the
> «normal» html exporter?

Have a look at the filter functions, such as
`org-export-filter-final-output-functions'. See
<https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html>.

All the best,
Timothy

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 18:04 org-->html text between @ should be red Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-15 18:20 ` Timothy
@ 2022-01-15 18:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
  2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Can I have a similar setting when exporting an org file to html via the
> «normal» html exporter?

Using a custom filter?

#+begin_src emacs-lisp

(defun foo (text backend info)
    (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
      (replace-regexp-in-string "@\\([^@]*\\)@"
				"<span style=\"color:red\">\\1</span>"
				text)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'foo)

#+end_src

Best regards,

Juan Manuel 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 18:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
@ 2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-15 19:59     ` Juan Manuel Macías
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-15 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 967 bytes --]

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer writes:
>> Can I have a similar setting when exporting an org file to html via the
>> «normal» html exporter?

> Using a custom filter?

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp

> (defun foo (text backend info)
>     (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
>       (replace-regexp-in-string "@\\([^@]*\\)@"
> 				"<span style=\"color:red\">\\1</span>"
> 				text)))

> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'foo)

> #+end_src

Thanks very much it works as expected. However I just realized (and this is true also for the org-mime filter that the reg-exp has a flaw.

I used the text 


 =email:oub@mat.ucm.es=

So there is only one @, nevertheless the exporter translated that to 
<code>email:oub<span style="color:red">mat.ucm.es</code><br />

But this is wrong in my view.

Any ideas how to deal with such a situation?

Thanks

Uwe 

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 18:20 ` Timothy
@ 2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-15 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 438 bytes --]

>>> "T" == Timothy  <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:
Hi Timothy
> Hi Uwe,
>> And every text between @ appears red.
>> 
>> Can I have a similar setting when exporting an org file to html via the
>> «normal» html exporter?

> Have a look at the filter functions, such as
> `org-export-filter-final-output-functions'. See
> <https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html>.

Thanks, Juan already solved it, thanks.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
@ 2022-01-15 19:59     ` Juan Manuel Macías
  2022-01-15 20:24       ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-15 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Thanks very much it works as expected. However I just realized (and
> this is true also for the org-mime filter that the reg-exp has a flaw.
>
> I used the text 
>
>
>  =email:oub@mat.ucm.es=
>
> So there is only one @, nevertheless the exporter translated that to 
> <code>email:oub<span style="color:red">mat.ucm.es</code><br />
>
> But this is wrong in my view.
>
> Any ideas how to deal with such a situation?

You can bind the function to org-export-filter-plain-text-functions
instead of ...-final-output-functions.

That way you wouldn't get false positives on lines like:

=email:oub@mat.ucm.es= some text @some text@

<code>email:oub@mat.ucm.es</code> some text <span style="color:red">some text</span>

Best regards,

Juan Manuel 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 19:59     ` Juan Manuel Macías
@ 2022-01-15 20:24       ` Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-15 20:58         ` Juan Manuel Macías
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-15 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 983 bytes --]

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer writes:
>> Thanks very much it works as expected. However I just realized (and
>> this is true also for the org-mime filter that the reg-exp has a flaw.
>> 
>> I used the text 
>> 
>> 
>> =email:oub@mat.ucm.es=
>> 
>> So there is only one @, nevertheless the exporter translated that to 
>> <code>email:oub<span style="color:red">mat.ucm.es</code><br />
>> 
>> But this is wrong in my view.
>> 
>> Any ideas how to deal with such a situation?

> You can bind the function to org-export-filter-plain-text-functions
> instead of ...-final-output-functions.

Perfect, thanks.

Just out of curiosity because google does not know the answer

There is 
(add-hook 'some-hook 'some-function)
(remove-hook 'some-hook 'some-function)

So if I have 

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-text-functions 'my-html-red)

How could I remove something from a list?

Regards

Uwe 

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 20:24       ` Uwe Brauer
@ 2022-01-15 20:58         ` Juan Manuel Macías
  2022-01-15 21:01           ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-15 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-text-functions 'my-html-red)
>
> How could I remove something from a list?

I think this would work:

(setq org-export-filter-plain-text-functions
	(remove 'my-html-red org-export-filter-plain-text-functions))

Anyway, I recommend that you take a look at the documentation on filters
that Timothy pointed you to, as custom filters are tremendously useful
and versatile, and very "surgical". I use them a lot!

You can also apply a filter only in a document, by using the #+bind
keyword and including the function in a non-exportable code block:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
  (defun my-html-red (text backend info)
    (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
      (replace-regexp-in-string "@\\([^@]*\\)@"
				"<span style=\"color:red\">\\1</span>"
				text)))
#+end_src

#+bind: org-export-filter-plain-text-functions (my-html-red)

(You need to set org-export-allow-bind-keywords to non-nil)

Best regards,

Juan Manuel 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: org-->html text between @ should be red.
  2022-01-15 20:58         ` Juan Manuel Macías
@ 2022-01-15 21:01           ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-15 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1022 bytes --]

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> I think this would work:
> (setq org-export-filter-plain-text-functions
> 	(remove 'my-html-red org-export-filter-plain-text-functions))

> Anyway, I recommend that you take a look at the documentation on filters
> that Timothy pointed you to, as custom filters are tremendously useful
> and versatile, and very "surgical". I use them a lot!

> You can also apply a filter only in a document, by using the #+bind
> keyword and including the function in a non-exportable code block:

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
>   (defun my-html-red (text backend info)
>     (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
>       (replace-regexp-in-string "@\\([^@]*\\)@"
> 				"<span style=\"color:red\">\\1</span>"
> 				text)))
> #+end_src

> #+bind: org-export-filter-plain-text-functions (my-html-red)

> (You need to set org-export-allow-bind-keywords to non-nil)

Thanks very much!!!

Regards

Uwe 

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-01-15 21:03 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 9+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-01-15 18:04 org-->html text between @ should be red Uwe Brauer
2022-01-15 18:20 ` Timothy
2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
2022-01-15 18:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
2022-01-15 19:39   ` Uwe Brauer
2022-01-15 19:59     ` Juan Manuel Macías
2022-01-15 20:24       ` Uwe Brauer
2022-01-15 20:58         ` Juan Manuel Macías
2022-01-15 21:01           ` Uwe Brauer

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).