* Some feature requests/questions
@ 2022-04-19 15:49 Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2022-04-19 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out to solve these annoyances I
have been having with Org:

1. Most things I would like to clock are related to Emacs, but I often
   forget to check my agenda first, clock in, then clock out.  Is there
   some way I can automatically manage clocking when I enter a
   directory/kill the last buffer?

2. Capturing is configured by describing what keys should do via
   `org-capture-templates'.  Is there some way to use bookmark-like
   strings and completing-read?

3. Related to the previous point, is there a way to configure capture
   templates /in/ org files?  That would make it easier to dynamically
   add notes, without having to do so centrally, in my configuration
   file.

4. Limiting until when events may repeat, without having to duplicate
   timestamps manually (or via `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift').
   Better yet being able to do so for an entire subtree/file, and have
   the property inherit itself.

All of these issues I have encountered by trying to use Org for the last
few years at University, managing courses, notes, assignment due dates,
appointments, etc.  The friction that these issues cause often have me
become sloppy after a while, which defeats the entire purpose.

I have little experience with the Org codebase, but would be interested
in helping to implement these features, in so far they don't just exist
and I haven't found out about them.

--
	Philip Kaludercic