On Thu, Apr 18 2024, "Fraga, Eric" wrote: > Hello all, > > I am having (for my sins) to write some Word documents. I don't even > have Word on my system but that's by the by. The documents have some > mathematical expressions. In the past, I have used LaTeX to create > images of these expressions (and hence my earlier post today). But I'm > told this is no longer good enough. Sigh. > > So I've started playing with MathML and ODT export. This is actually > working quite nicely although writing equations in MathML is ponderous > [1]. > > The question I have is: can I replace the link to a Math ML file (which > does work, as noted in the org info manual) with the actual Math ML code > inline within the org file? If so, how? I would rather not have > separate files lying around. > > Thank you, > eric > > Footnotes: > [1] exporting LaTeX fragments directly, via latexmlmath, does not > actually work very well at all. The text passed by org is wrong > basically. And latexmlmath gets easily confused, it seems. I'd > rather work with the MathML directly in the end. Eric, I think there is a bug in the way the exporter handles odt fragments. Explanation: Maxima can print output in mathml. Your question inspired me to try to craft an example. I came up with the attached org file. The first two subsections of it exports fine to html (replace "export odt" with "export html"). But when I export to odt, something weird happens: contents.xml contains the fragment of mathml, but it is not displayed in libreoffice. On the other hand, the snippet in the third sub-section, that is saved to file, is handled correctly (the somewhat mangled formatting is a bug in Maxima's mathml printer). Leo