* How should I handle babel configuration of exports & results in Dslide?
@ 2024-05-27  9:29 Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2024-05-27  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Because live presentations are a bit different from exporting
documents, I'm not always sure how options should apply.  I'm not an
expert on many of these options and am not sure what will feel
consistent for users.

For context, a user wants :exports results or :exports none to hide
the babel block / results.  Issue is here:
https://github.com/positron-solutions/dslide/issues/1  Is their idea
consistent with the expectations and usages elsewhere?

To implement options from the Dslide configuration, how can I
explicitly change babel block behavior from an Elisp program?

What function is best for cleaning up results of a single block?  I'm
using `org-babel-remove-result'.  Whenever the babel args are :results
replace, I am clearing them on that block both at the start fo the
slide and when going backwards.  Should this behavior interact with
:exports?

As you can see, feedback will be helpful in reconciling my
understanding of the docs versus users actual expectations and common
usage patterns.

Thanks

* Re: How should I handle babel configuration of exports & results in Dslide?
@ 2024-05-27 14:51 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-27 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Psionic K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> Because live presentations are a bit different from exporting
> documents, I'm not always sure how options should apply.  I'm not an
> expert on many of these options and am not sure what will feel
> consistent for users.
>
> For context, a user wants :exports results or :exports none to hide
> the babel block / results.  Issue is here:
> https://github.com/positron-solutions/dslide/issues/1  Is their idea
> consistent with the expectations and usages elsewhere?

In some way, presentation can be viewed as export - if you only display
things selectively. So, :exports header argument may indeed be used.
Or you can use a custom header argument...

> To implement options from the Dslide configuration, how can I
> explicitly change babel block behavior from an Elisp program?

> What function is best for cleaning up results of a single block?  I'm
> using `org-babel-remove-result'.  Whenever the babel args are :results
> replace, I am clearing them on that block both at the start fo the
> slide and when going backwards.  Should this behavior interact with
> :exports?

For example, you can use ox-org exporter.
Or you can pass PARAMS argument to `org-babel-execute-src-block' to
override :results header argument value.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,