From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: resheduling from agenda buffer
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:03:13 +0200	[thread overview]

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

>> I think the reason is to warn you about the modification without having
>> to save it. Actually reschedule often happens more than once before you
>> need to save the modified buffers, so it makes sense to only save when
>> you're done with all the modification...
>
> It doesn't really make sense because as you reschedule its easy to
> forget which ones you already have rescheduled and end up trying to
> reschedule an already rescheduled one. Which is exactly what happened
> to me. Like other operations on the agenda it's my (noob) opinion that
> it should refresh immediately or only confusion (as in this case)
> results.

Two issues here: (1) whether org-mode should give you visible hints for
any change you make in the agenda buffer and (2) whether this change are
to be automatically saved.

For the first issue, this can be improved by displaying a timestamp when
a new SCHEDULED: or DEADLINE: is added (just like the visible timestamp
we have when pressing S-left/right on a headline: => <2007-09-28 ven>)

For the second issue, I still think saving the modification should not
be automated. It useful to see all the changes you made before saving
them, and maybe you would agree with this once the first issue is fixed?

--
Bastien