* Not Match - When follow Hyperlink
@ 2009-04-26 10:02 Csanyi Pal
From: Csanyi Pal @ 2009-04-26 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have installed on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
 of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian

In emacs-org mode when follow a Hyperlink I get a Message: 'Not
Match'.

When the file whereof the Hyperlink points is another file.org, then
the file being opened and get the 'Not Match' message, but when the
file is say PDF or DVI I can't to open that file and get the message
'Not Match'.

I edited the .emacs file:
---------------------->
(defun define-trivial-mode(mode-prefix file-regexp &optional command)
  (or command (setq command mode-prefix))
  (let ((mode-command (intern (concat mode-prefix "-mode"))))
    (fset mode-command
          `(lambda ()
             (interactive)
             (toggle-read-only t)
             (start-process ,mode-prefix nil
                            ,command (buffer-file-name))
             (kill-buffer (current-buffer))))
    (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist (cons file-regexp mode-command)))
  )

(define-trivial-mode "gv" "\\.ps$")
(define-trivial-mode "evince" "\\.pdf$")
(define-trivial-mode "gschem" "\\.sch$")

;; dvi
(defun view-dvi ()
  "Use evince to view DVIs."
  (interactive)
   (progn
     (toggle-read-only t)
     (start-process "dvi" nil
                    "evince" (buffer-file-name)))
)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.dvi\\'" . view-dvi))
-------------------------------->

Is there a way how to open in emacs org-mode a pdf or dvi file with
Evince?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

* Re: Not Match - When follow Hyperlink
@ 2009-04-26 14:31 ` Csanyi Pal
From: Csanyi Pal @ 2009-04-26 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> I have installed on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
> GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
>  of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
>
> In emacs-org mode when follow a Hyperlink I get a Message: 'Not
> Match'.
>
> When the file whereof the Hyperlink points is another file.org, then
> the file being opened and get the 'Not Match' message, but when the
> file is say PDF or DVI I can't to open that file and get the message
> 'Not Match'.

Sorry, it's my mistake.

I was edited these org files on Debian GNU/Linux Etch, but now, after
upgraded my system to Lenny, I have changed the directory of my Org
files.

So, after I fixed the path to the directory of my org files in my
Hyperlinks, I can to open PDF files from org files again.

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi