* custom postamble in HTML export
@ 2010-10-04 17:59 Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-10-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

How about moving

  (org-export-html-insert-plist-item opt-plist :postamble opt-plist)

in org-html.el from line 1694 few lines up, just above the closing div
of the postamble. IMHO it makes more sense to put custom content into
the existing postamble than crating another one. There is usually only
one footer per page ;-)

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach

* Re: custom postamble in HTML export
@ 2010-10-05  1:28 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-05  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Łukasz Stelmach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 4, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:

> Hello.
>
> How about moving
>
>  (org-export-html-insert-plist-item opt-plist :postamble opt-plist)
>
> in org-html.el from line 1694 few lines up, just above the closing div
> of the postamble. IMHO it makes more sense to put custom content into
> the existing postamble than crating another one. There is usually only
> one footer per page ;-)

:postamble is meant to completely replace the automatic
postamble Org creates, so you would normally use it
with

    :auto-postamble nil

- Carsten

* Re: custom postamble in HTML export
@ 2010-10-05 16:43   ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-10-05 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Oct 4, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>
>> How about moving
>>
>>  (org-export-html-insert-plist-item opt-plist :postamble opt-plist)
>>
>> in org-html.el from line 1694 few lines up, just above the closing div
>> of the postamble. IMHO it makes more sense to put custom content into
>> the existing postamble than crating another one. There is usually only
>> one footer per page ;-)
>
> :postamble is meant to completely replace the automatic
> postamble Org creates,

But what if I like the information it puts there? Especially the
timestamp? there is the :timestamp option but honestly I couldn't figure
out how to use it. I puts some HTML with <!-- some comments --> in it
and that's all.

> so you would normally use it with
>
>    :auto-postamble nil

How about putting this hint in the documentation or comments around the
code? Or maybe even a "XOR switch" that automaticall turns of one of
those options if the other is on.

--

@ 2010-10-05 18:02     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2010-10-05 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Łukasz Stelmach <lukasz.stelmach@iem.pw.edu.pl> writes:
> But what if I like the information it puts there? Especially the
> timestamp? there is the :timestamp option but honestly I couldn't figure
> out how to use it. I puts some HTML with <!-- some comments --> in it
> and that's all.

I don't know what was the intention, but I recognize those particular
comments very well: if you'd use html-helper-mode on that file, it will
put the modification date between those two comments on each save.

Achim.

* Re: Re: custom postamble in HTML export
@ 2010-10-05 18:05     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-05 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Łukasz Stelmach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 5, 2010, at 6:43 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Oct 4, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>>
>>> How about moving
>>>
>>> (org-export-html-insert-plist-item opt-plist :postamble opt-plist)
>>>
>>> in org-html.el from line 1694 few lines up, just above the closing
>>> div
>>> of the postamble. IMHO it makes more sense to put custom content
>>> into
>>> the existing postamble than crating another one. There is usually
>>> only
>>> one footer per page ;-)
>>
>> :postamble is meant to completely replace the automatic
>> postamble Org creates,
>
> But what if I like the information it puts there?

Then you have a case which Org currently does not handle.
You would have to introduce a new variable, org-export-html-postamble-
extra
and arrange for it to be handled correctly with publishing properties
etc etc.

- Carsten

* Re: custom postamble in HTML export
@ 2010-10-06  8:15       ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-10-06  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 6:43 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> :postamble is meant to completely replace the automatic postamble
>>> Org creates,
>>
>> But what if I like the information it puts there?
>
> Then you have a case which Org currently does not handle.

The kind I like most :-D

> You would have to introduce a new variable, org-export-html-postamble-
> extra and arrange for it to be handled correctly with publishing
> properties etc etc.

I am going to give a talk about org-mode at my division[1] of WUT and
this looks like a good one to say: oh by the way, I fixed it few days
ago ;-)

[1] http://charlie.iem.pw.edu.pl/index.php?load=wersjaang/home
--

@ 2010-10-07  9:26       ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-10-07  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 6:43 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> :postamble is meant to completely replace the automatic
>>> postamble Org creates,
>>
>> But what if I like the information it puts there?
>
> Then you have a case which Org currently does not handle.

Yes, it does. org-export-html-postamble may also be a function. So it'll
be a lot better for all of us, and especially for the code, if I just
c'n'p the automatic postamble code as a custom function and add there
what I need. The only minor problem here is how to load the function
only when it's needed, no sooner than I open any of the files that
require it. But it's "for something completely different" ;-)

> You would have to introduce a new variable, org-export-html-postamble-
> extra and arrange for it to be handled correctly with publishing
> properties etc etc.

According to Larry Wall[1], laziness is one of the greatest virtues
of programmers[2]. Right next to impatiens and hubris ;-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wall
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wall#Virtues_of_a_programmer

--
Miłego dnia,