* Emacs macros and capture
@ 2011-12-28 23:46 Mueen Nawaz
From: Mueen Nawaz @ 2011-12-28 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm seeing some weird behavior with my capture template setup. I have
the following in my capture templates:

	("r" "Reply" entry (file+headline "~/org/gtd/gtd.org" "Reply")
         "* TODO %:subject :@respond:@email: \n %u\n %i\n %a\nFrom: %:from\nID:%:message-id\n %?" :immediate-finish t)

What this template does is create a new headline under "Reply" in my
gtd.org file with the subject as the title of the headline. It will then
place a link to the email as well as some other metadata. Here's an
example:

*** TODO LibraryThing: State of the Thing - December 2011    :@review:@email:
 [2011-12-28 Wed]

 [[notmuch:id:201112151815.pBFIFLxh021659@athena.librarything.com][Email from jeremy@librarything.com: LibraryThing: State of the Thi]]
From: jeremy@librarything.com
ID:201112151815.pBFIFLxh021659@athena.librarything.com

<end example>

That works fine. Now if I record the keystrokes as a macro, and then
execute the macro, here is what I get (same email as above):

From: jeremy@librarything.com
ID:201112151815.pBFIFLxh021659@athena.librarything.com

<end example>

As you can see, it recorded everything _but_ the link (the most
important part). Any idea why this happens?

Thanks.

* Re: Emacs macros and capture
@ 2012-01-07 19:06 ` Mueen Nawaz
From: Mueen Nawaz @ 2012-01-07 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)